Experienced and Innovative Supply Chain Manager with extensive experience in the Aerospace, Automotive and Steel Industries. Result orientated I apply a practical hands on approach, integrity and seriousness to ensure team work and the obtention of results in multicultural / international environments.
Jun 2007 - Present
PURCHASING MANAGER - CORPORATE
Reporting to the Group Purchasing Director; Mission: To suppot and develop a global change initiative towards continuous cost improvement in the area of MRO.
To coordinate activities and initiatives for cost otimisationtogether with regional purchasing directors and plant / maintenance directors.
To participate in the group maintenance “steering comitee” defining and coordinating the implementation of processes and procedures to facilitate a results orientated best practice.
Lead a team of buyers to support purchasing integration into the maintenace procurement process (6 buyers located in production plants – functional dependancy).
Annual contracting volume > 130 m €.
Jul 2001 - Jun 2007
MODULES PURCHASING MANAGER SOUTHERN EUROPE
German Automotive Multinational with annual turnover of 2.000 Mio €, present in 19 countries with 18.000 employees, supplying chassis systems and structural components to all major OEM´s on a global basis.
Roles & Responsibilities as Purchasing Manager – Chassis Modules
- Responsible for all chassis module purchasing activities for southern Europe region (Italy, France, Spain, Portugal). Purchase volume = 100 Mio €
- Definition of objectives and elaborate purchase budget in terms of cost reduction & working capital
- Lead & motivate of a team of 3 buyers + 1 assistant
- Support major new projects, support comercial function, interacting when necessary with the customer.
- Achieve comercial and financial objectives for new projects, and achievement of project milestones.
Roles and Responsabilities as Purchasing Leader WW Modules
- Lead and coordinate strategic purchasing activities on a global basis.
- Develop a purchasing / buyer “network” through the group regions to promote cross regional team work.
- Ensure alignment of key contract negotiations, identification / maximisation of opportunities from a global perspective.
- 1st person within the purchasing organisation to achieve Group level responsabilities despite being located in a region far removed from HQ.
- I led the initial initiatives for the region to define an agressive 3 year cost reduction program in the order of -15% based on the realisation VAVE workshops, LCC sourcing and the creation of leverage opportunities.
Dec 2000 - Jul 2001
PURCHASING & LOGISTICS MANAGER ITALY
Following the re-structuring of the Benteler Group, in order absorb poor performing plants into healthier regional structures I was hired to support the integration of the Italian operations into the Southern Europe Region.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Integration of Italian purchase department into South Europe purchasing structure.
- Training of the 2 local buyers & coordination of related activities (Logistics and Supplier Development).
- To identify & implement significant savings (target undefined)
- Support the introduction of SAP.
- Creation of purchase procedures in order to pass QS9000 quality certification. These procedures were then used as the platform the regional guidelines.
- Successful training of the buyers, effectively elevating their status within the organisation from administrative activities, one of the buyers is now logistics director for the Italian plant.
- Within the 7 months a 10% saving was achieved over the total purchase volume.
Jan 1998 - Dec 2000
COMMODITY / PROJECT BUYER
French Automotive multinational supplying Interior Systems (Seating & Instrument Panels) to all major OEM´s. Turnover 10.000 Mio € with 60.000 employees.
My first position in Spain and staring with a negligible command of the Spanish language I gradually increased my responsibility in line with my command of the Spanish language. I occupied positions of commodity buyer for small metallic parts for Spain progressing to Commodity buyer for plastics for the Iberian region and finally as Project buyer for VW projects in Spain & Portugal.
Jul 1994 - Dec 1998
PURCHASING TEAM COORDINATOR
HONDA UK MANUFACTURING
UK Subsidiary of HONDA Automotive with 2000 employees as of 1998.
Responsibilities / Achievements
Support Section Manager in the coordination of all purchase activities including:
- Supporting buyers in negotiations
- Guiding & Supporting buyers in budget preparations
- Managing weekly team meetings.
Purchasing Spokes person towards Honda Engine Plant
Negotiation and project management of new model development and series production for the portfolio of suppliers assigned (major Engine component suppliers, 100% of which based in France, Italy, Portugal, Germany)
Section representative in project control meetings held periodically in Japan
Responsibility for the analysis and implementation of localisation projects.
Successful implementation into production of the 1st inlet manifold produced in Plastic for the Honda Group representing a cost saving of 25% and involving the simultaneous coordination of 5 European suppliers from Germany, Belgium & Italy.
Sep 1986 - Jul 1992
PRODUCT SUPPORT ENGINEER AND TRAINING PROGRAM
Product Support Engineer
Dowty Aerospace (TI Group) September 1990 to July 1992
Responsible for planning & implementing retrofit programs in close liaison with both aircraft constructors, operators and internally with the company. I successfully planned and executed specific retrofit program for A320 and BAe 146 projects.
Technician Engineer training program
Dowty Aerospace, Sept 1986 to Sept 1990
NB: During the period 1992 – 1994 I was employed by the TI Group within the Graduate Development Program during which time I completed my honours degree.