2008 - 2009
Deputy Head of School
- Improved K-12 curriculum development process by adopting US national standards, creating a school-specific method of coding and using standards, streamlining course overview process; developed and facilitated curriculum audits in Social Studies, Language Arts, Health and Physical Education.
- Analyzed K-12 assessment procedures and instituted comprehensive, vertically aligned approach by implementing MAP diagnostic assessment and unified grade / discipline specific standards aligned assessment.
- Developed administrative workshops on assessment for learning with Charlotte Danielson.
- Management duties included:
- Supervised personnel and operations in the following areas: Curriculum and Assessment, Information Technology, Health + Safety, Facilities, and Boarding divisions of a pre-K to 12th grade International School of 1,500 students; budget of £12 million.
- Designed and delivered professional development approaches for using data to inform instruction and institution-wide decision-making.
- Developed recommendations for hiring procedures and effective processes for teacher evaluation.
2005 - 2008
- Managed and implemented district-wide master elementary schedule.
- Managed and implemented K-5 Progress report revision and move to standards-referenced assessment.
- Managed and implemented district-wide standards-referenced assessment system.
- Developed and facilitated curriculum reviews in Social Studies, Language Arts, Mathematics, Health and Physical Education.
- Management duties included:
- Supervised education curriculum and implementation for six district elementary schools (2,000+ students, 200 teachers, 6 principals); teacher supervision and support; district budget of $84 million.
- Designed and delivered professional development for K-12 teachers; Induction Program for incoming teachers focusing on the use of backwards design, differentiation, and 21st century learning skills.
- Designed and delivered professional development for data driven instruction using Performance Tracker.
- Designed and facilitated educational technology implementations district-wide (including smart board integration, 1:1 initiatives, web-based curriculum mapping, web-based student information and reporting system, web-based assessment preparation, web-based mathematics practice for students).
- Supported Superintendent’s office on various projects including: Teacher association relations, district strategic planning, policy development, marketing and public relations, grant writing, facilitation, and implementation.
1995 - 2005
- Wrote and became finalist for PA “Digital School District” grant.
- Developed and facilitated curriculum reviews in Social Studies and Mathematics.
- Developed and facilitated a partnership with Arcadia University to connect elementary teachers and pre-service educators to develop curriculum-based technology activities.
- Wrote and produced “Road Map to Graduation” and other informational items for the school district.
- Facilitated curriculum presentation for Middle States Accreditation using a web-based environment; created promotional materials for presentation.
- Piloted and evaluated web-based Curriculum Writing Initiative; designed and delivered professional development for K-12 teachers. (Rubicon Atlas)
- Piloted and evaluated MyAccess (online writing assessment) and Homeroom.com (web-based PSSA prep).
- Wrote district’s 3-year Technology Plan.
- Management Duties included:
- Coordinator – International Baccalaureate (MYP)
- Designed professional development for teachers and administrators countywide; managed in-service activities for professional days.
- Developed and maintained school district website.
Classroom Teacher / Educational Technology Specialist
Teacher in grades K, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12
1984 - 1995
Related experience in the business world, including full-time positions with:The Brownstein Group, Philadelphia, PA, Senior Art DirectorOgilvy & Mather, New York, NY, Art DirectorMcGraw-Hill Publishing, New York, NY, Art DirectorDeveloped award-winning print and television advertising and promotional campaigns for clients such as American Express, Smith Barney, Travel & Leisure magazine, Hershey resorts, Philadelphia Flyers, Philadelphia Magazine. Presented creative work to clients. Supervised production of approved work, maintaining budget control. Performed client/agency liaison duties. Supervised support staff. Negotiated usage fees, rights, and contracts.