My ethos: Great jobs. Unbeatable service. I search for the best IT people from around the world for jobs in Amsterdam and The Netherlands and discuss with them the vacancies, their new employer and life in Amsterdam so that they can make an informed decision. I’m originally from Australia, but I’ve lived in Amsterdam for almost 7 years so I understand the needs of internationals here. I monitor and assist the interview process and keep everyone up-to-date throughout. Once a job offer has been accepted I also assist with relocation and can help organise work visas for the successful candidate and their family.
Jul 2005 - Present
The White Door has consistently located the best people in Europe for the most demanding IT environments in Amsterdam. We are able to rapidly respond to the changing needs of employers by quickly introducing star candidates at all levels, from a graduate Developer to the Head of Development.
- Within < 9 months I have been instrumental in helping Hyves to rapidly grow their Development team with specialists from The Netherlands and Europe. I took this on as a personal challenge and have done the majority of the headhunting, screening and recruitment myself. Hyves have now stopped using other agencies for their IT recruitment and are only working with The White Door.
- Best results so far: Head of Development, 6x Mobile Developers, Snr PHP Developer and Linux Systems Specialist.
- Recently selected to work with IMC for 2010 and beyond, along with only 3 other agencies.
- The White Door is the only agency to ever work with JTeam - they are passionately involved in the Open Source community and prefer to to their own recruitment. Their founders are part of the Java Spring Framework and write books on Java Development.
- Another Open Source organisation who has never used another recruitment agency
- Best results: 3 x Snr Project Managers, Release Manager and Senior Business Analyst
- Helped SecondFloor rapidly increase their team after winning new bids.
- Best results: 3 x Project Managers, 2 x Systems/Business Analysts and 3 x Senior Java Developers
Mar 2004 - Jul 2005
Information Security company who's products are used in wide-area networks, wireless networks, digital rights management, and other applications.
- Java + Mobile + OMA DRM + XSL + IoC frameworks + Hibernate + Maven + EJB + Struts
Sep 2002 - Jan 2004
BackStream provides cell broadcast solutions to mobile operators and governments and pioneered "Narrowcasting" - providing location and time relevant information to consumers via displays.
- Java + Struts + XML + XSL + Content Management
Seconded to Cambridge Technology Partners on a project for Raandstad:
- Java + EJB + Weblogic + Oracle
Aug 2001 - Jan 2002
Offers automated software management solutions for large organizations.
- C++ + profiling tools + testing + bug fixing
Jan 2000 - Aug 2001
A leading provider of telecommunication and data communication systems, and related services covering a range of technologies, including especially mobile networks. Directly and through subsidiaries, it also has a major role in mobile devices and cableTV and IPTV systems.
- Java + XML + Mobile/WAP + Unix + Intelligent Networks (IN)
1996 - 2000
Bachelor of Engineering (Honors) - Communications, Electronics and Software Systems
The #1 social network in The Netherlands with 55% of the population and 7 million users. #1 search term on Google in 2008 and awarded "Best Employer in Europe" by The Next Web in 2008.
Young and dynamic triple play ISP/Telecoms provider in central Amsterdam. Owned by T-Mobile and previously owned by Orange/France Telecom.
The leading manufacturer of navigation systems in Europe. TomTom purchased digital map maker Tele Atlas for EUR 2.9 billion in 2007 and their maps are used by Google Maps.
Leader in Web Content Management Systems (CMS), with clients including KLM, Emirates, ABN AMRO, Unilever & Lexus.
Global financial organization which employs over 600 people with a presence in Amsterdam, London, New York, Chicago, Hong Kong, Sydney, and Zug. IMC is a successful proprietary trading group, active across all significant markets, exchanges and instruments.
One of the largest banks in Europe between 1991 and 2007 and had operations in about 63 countries around the world. In the biggest banking takeover in history, a consortium comprising RBS, Fortis, and Banco Santander acquired ABN AMRO in 2007.
A global market maker which profits by adding liquidity to the global exchanges and taking advantage of relative pricing differences between related securities. More than 500 employees worldwide & offices in Amsterdam, Sydney, Chicago, Hong Kong, Tokyo & Taipei.
Won the prestigious Banking & Finance ICT Innovation Award in 2007. Provides innovative and high quality services and solutions to level up business processes and information assets. Industry best practices and a proven project management approach are the foundation of their services.
A creative, digital marketing agency with clients including Sony Ericsson, Canon and World Press Photo. They collaborate closely with clients and partner agencies to produce engaging, cross-media campaigns and brand experiences that deliver tangible business results.
Creates fully customized, innovative IT software solutions based on Enterprise Java and related Open Source technologies. JTeam works with a pragmatic mind set and an open relationship, thus keeping the focus on delivering business value, on time and within budget.
An online technology provider dedicated to simple, flexible and fast user interface development. Javeline optimizes simplicity, flexibility and speed, via the browser, for online customers and online users.
The market leader in Europe within their field. They operate one of the largest photo book production sites in the world. The first European company to offer a fully integrated end-to-end solution that enables consumers to create hard cover photo books and other photo products using their own digital images.