A bi-lingual (English and German) automotive test manager with six years of experience in all areas of the software development lifecycle who delivers high quality SW/HW within cost and on time for the set milestones. Born and educated in Germany punctuality, reliability, diligence and attention to detail are my virtues.
Sep 2011 - Present
Project Manager Asia Navigation
Developing the next generation asia navigation system for the worlds leading car manufacturers.
Jan 2010 - Aug 2011
Test manager ICM ECU F25/F15 for BMW AG
I was working for two small project teams, each consisting of a project manager, an e/e sub-project manager and me as the test manager in the chassis development department of BMW AG. We were developing the latest ICM ECU (Integrated Chassis Management) for the new X3 and the upcoming X5 together with a supplier who provides us with the ECU HW (from 150 MHz and 2 MB RAM) and the low-level software. We successfully launched the ECU for the X3 and recently started with the development of the software for the X5.My achievements include:
- Successful implementation of a test management plan based on 100% requirements coverage, managed in HPs Quality Center.
- Successful management of four test case design engineers to rework all the existing test suites on time.
- Successful management of three test automation engineers responsible for system integration testing to meet the integration level deadlines.
- Successful resource planning of three HIL ("hardware in the loop") test benches in a multi-project environment, each with a value of around 100.000€ / $130.000.
- Successful reduction of integration test package run times by up to 90% by converting existing functional tests into integration tests, therefore generating savings of 600.000€ / $800.000 for the company
Apr 2005 - Dec 2009
Whole vehicle E/E test engineer for BMW AG
Almost five years I've been working as a whole vehicle SW/HW test engineer for BMW AG. Four out of those five years I was working as an expatriate in the BMW emission testing and control center in Oxnard, CA. I was responsible for the verification and validation of the hardware and especially usability testing of pre-release software for the latest BMW prototype vehicles (e.g. the current 1, 3, 5 and 7 Series, the X5, the X6 ActiveHybrid, the BMW ActiveHybrid7 etc.) from the European and US customer perspective. I tested the whole vehicles on the BMW premises, on the road and put them under stress through the extreme conditions in Alaska, Colorado and Death Valley. I analyzed the traces for and submitted more than one thousand defects to continuously improve the electrical and electronic systems of the BMWs. My specialties were the telephone control units, the radios, amplifiers and navigation systems. For the last three years I successfully led a team of three test specialists as a sub project manager in the office and on test trips.
Apr 2004 - Apr 2005
HW design verification engineer for SIEMENS AG
As I graduated from university my supervisor at SIEMENS was very pleased with the work I did while writing my diploma thesis. Unfortunately he couldn't offer me a permanent position because of a lack of head counts. I then started to work for him as a consultant.My main task was the hardware design verification of ADSL, ADSL2 +, SHDSL, VDSL DSLAM (DSL access multiplexer) and modems for SIEMENS ICN. I conducted mechanical, thermal shock, OSI Layer 1 and 2 measurements and EMC compliance tests (according to EN 300 019, IEC 60950 and 89/336/EEC). The results were then evaluated and documented by me for the SIEMENS internal customers.
May 2001 - Dec 2003
Service desk agent
While still studying at the university I was working as a service desk agent for Munich Ergo Asset Management GmbH two days a week. The MEAG is the asset manager of the ERGO and MunichRe insurances and manages over 200 billion US-Dollars in assets for her two mother companies.
For two and a half years I was keeping employees happy and productive while working for the Munich Ergo Asset Management GmbH as a working student at the service desk. I solved more than 2000 issues in a Windows NT 4.0, Office 97 and SAP R3 environment.
My activities in the service desk included:
- Cooperation in the IT service desk support for approximately 600 users at 10 locations
- Self-solving of IT problems via telephone and personally mainly in the field of MS-Office
- Introduction of new users into the IT environment
- System administration: Set up, modify and delete users in NT and MS-Exchange and administration of rights/permissions
- Training of new help desk employees
During my internship semester I developed and implemented a reporting solution for the IT support (first, second and third level) based on the existing Remedy Action Request system. The key performance indicators were then reported as a management tool to the overall IT management.
Apr 1999 - May 2000
ESP Networks Consulting GmbH
I was working on the week-ends as a student for training provider ESP Networks Consulting GmbH.
My main activities included
- setting up the HW/SW in the classrooms for the trainings
- network administration in a Windows NT 4.0 environment
While working there I had the opportunity to get certified as a Microsoft Certified Professional Windows NT 4.0.
Software Quality Assurance
HP Quality Center
CAN / LIN / MOST / FlexRay
Oct 1997 - Mar 2004
Dipl.Ing. (FH) / B.Sc. (Hons)
Diploma thesis: Development of a stress test for an ADSL DSLAM, grade 1.3 / equiv. of an A
Overall grade: 2.7 / equivalent of a B