Kansas Department of Corrections Volunteer
- Trained Co-facilitator for Thinking for a Change, Cognitive Behavioral Program
- Co-facilitator for Money Smarts
- Clerical assistance in the Risk, Reduction, and Release department in Hutchinson, KS
Co-facilitate classes for offenders housed in the minimum, medium, and maximum security units at KDOC, Hutchinson in an effort to reduce recidivism rates.
American Red Cross Disaster Services Volunteer
- Reno County ARC Disaster Co-Chairperson, 2002-2004
- Disaster Services Instructor of Intro to Disaster and Family Services
- Disaster Action Team coordinator for Reno County
- Co-organized and managed large-scale mock disaster for Reno County
Instructed volunteers in basic ARC disaster functions and in ARC Family Services. Coordinated 24/7 schedule of volunteers for local disaster response and responded to local disasters. Worked with Emergency Management personnel in response to disasters and opening emergency shelters. DSHR qualified and responded to disasters outside of the county. Organized and successfully managed a large-scale mock disaster response for the county in response to a mock "state fair terrorist event" that involved hundreds of volunteer "victims" and all of the community emergency response agencies as well as agencies from other areas.