Highly motivated SQL Developer/DBA with experience using SQL Server Management Studio and Visual Studio 2005.Demonstrated leadership abilities and team work skills as well as the ability to accomplish tasks under minimal direction and supervision.
Oracle Management Utilities
Unix Command Level
Oracle Enterprise Manager
Nov 2007 - Sep 2008
Contracted to upgrade databases to Oracle version 10g, on HP Itaniums Server running on VMS operating systems.Databases were on Oracle version 7.3.4 on Hp Alphas running on VMS. .Developed documentation and scripts to accomplish this task.
Aug 1996 - Oct 2007
PMA Re-Insurance Corp
.•Managed a group of DBA’s
• Installed, Maintained, and Created Oracle databases on Compaq TRU64 and Windows NT servers. •Database versions include (18.104.22.168, 9i, and 10g ) with Oracle Financials (11iup to 11.5.10)• Installed, and Maintained SQL server 2000.• Install, tune, and patch Oracle and SQL server databases.• Provide application and security support on PeopleSoft database.
Provide application and security supportfor Oracle Apps (AP/GL/HR) from 1998 .• Provide security on all databases. • Conduct timely backups and restore operations on all databases.• Successfully implemented Oracle upgrade for A/R implementation, which resulted in the ability to access A/R over our Intranet and provide more reliable reporting.• Troubleshoot applications created by the Development Group, which catches potential bugs.• Document and maintain procedures for backup and restores, which results in quicker restores and heads off potential problems.• Upgraded Oracle databases from 7.3.4 to 22.214.171.124• Upgraded Oracle Database from 126.96.36.199 to 9i.• Upgraded Oracle financials from 10.6 to 11.5.9.• Assisted other team members in developing their technical skills.• Provided support to team members in all phases of the software development life cycle• Setup Oracle 11i Rac in a Linux environment.
Feb 1995 - Aug 1996
• Installed, Maintained, and Upgrade Oracle databases on a HP server using UNIX. Database versions included (7.3.3) with financials (10.6).• Installed, tuned, and patched the Oracle databases. • Administered security on Oracle and UNIX systems. • Conducted timely backup and restore operations on Oracle and UNIX systems.• Upgraded the Oracle database to GUI version. • Created interface between Oracle and Lotus Notes
Feb 1984 - Feb 1995
Database Administrator and Trainer
•Maintained and Created Oracle databases running on an IBM/AX Unix server. Database versions included (V6). Installed and patched Oracle databases. Provided application and security on all Oracle databases.• Converted Natural/Adabas system to Oracle system, which dramatically improved company’s core billing systems.•Installed and maintained software relating to manufacturing, order entry, and financial systems.
• Maintained security of system with ACF2 and natural security packages.• Developed training manuals and facilitated PC classes for users on various PC products, which resulted in teaching the tug shipmates valuable computer skills to run tracking system.• Installed and maintained desktop hardware/software on office and vessel desktops.• Developed and maintained a vessel tug tracking system, which helped the company capture lost revenue
Dec 2008 - Mar 2009
Master’s Program – SQL
- Created numerous simple to complex queries involving self joins, correlated subqueries and XML techniques for diverse business requirements. Tuned and optimized queries by altering database design, analyzing different query options, and indexing strategies.
- As part of a team, analyzed the business requirements and systematically designed a database for an online-movie (DVD/Blu- Ray) rental company. Employed best practices in creating a complete schema including tables, relationships, stored procedures, views, clustered and non-clustered indexes and triggers, and implemented the importation and exportation of data using XML and SSIS.
- As part of a team, created various reports according to the business requirements for the movie rental company. Individually authored, installed, deployed and managed reports using SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services for a library database.
- Individually designed a bank application according to business requirements, and implemented robust stored procedures, functions, and triggers to implement required functionalities.
- Developed a backup and recovery plan based on the data availability requirements of the library and on the potential impact of data loss on the business after considering and analyzing the different backup and recovery strategies.
- Designed database maintenance plans to set up core maintenance tasks to make sure that the database performs well, is regularly backed up in case of system failure and is checked for inconsistencies.
- Employed the Database Engine Tuning Advisor to analyze the performance effects of workloads and implemented its recommendations wherever appropriate.
- Used the SQL Server Profiler tool to monitor the performance of SQL Server – particularly to analyze the performance of the stored procedures.
- Analyzed different high availability solutions and implemented database mirroring and replication.
- As part of a team, established security policy using windows domain accounts and implemented a security strategy to protect against threats and attacks.
- Familiar with employing Service Brokers, enabling HTTP support and establishing Notification Services.