K&G Men's Company, Inc. /The Men's Wearhouse (Atlanta, GA) 2001 - 2008
Vice President of Operations & Information Technology (2001-2008)
Responsible for directing the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service, quality and business development.
- Led the implementation of a data warehouse and business intelligence tool that enabled the gathering of raw data that provided the merchants with actionable information to better manage inventory thus saving the company over $300K a year
- Led the integration of multiple company acquisitions into a single operational and technological infrastructure resulting in a bottom line savings of over 8% of the operating costs for fiscal year 2000
- Directed the development of short and long-term strategies, designed to accomplish the operational and financial objectives of the business
- Determined the priorities for the allocation of departmental resources
- Established and maintained effective relationships with other business divisions, corporate executives and business partners
- Oversaw the company's security, Reporting accuracy and disaster recovery processes
- Reviewed workload and staffing requirements to include hiring, training, evaluating and administering compensation
- Implemented a full suite of retail applications to support all functional areas of the business (merchandising, operations and finance)
- Managed a full staff of network administrators, database administrators, support staff, application specialists and outside consultants.