Agile consultant with substantial transformation experience in Global Corporations furthered by 17+ years experience in the software industry.
An Agile Scrum, XP and Kanban specialist - having been an agile practitioner since 2007 and a coach from 2012. Possess wide diversity of coaching engagements from small teams to large programs; teams of varying levels of agile maturity; technology platforms ranging from contemporary technologies to Mainframe, BPM & ERP. Have guided the implementation of technical practices, working with architects and technical coaches. Pioneered substantive innovations in agile testing space - widely showcased in Industry forums.
Participated in BU level Agile Transformation efforts working closely with support groups for wholesome change.
A SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), involved in aiding Scaled Agile Framework adoption in a large program, successfully coaching multiple PIs in an Agile Release Train. Have also implemented elements of Nexus framework in agile implementation in medium sized program.
Consulting expertise fostered by over decade and half of delivery background in Enterprise Application / Product Development assignments in J2EE and Microsoft platforms. A good part of these were in agile, providing significant practitioner and leadership experience. Demonstrated leadership - in terms of turning around crisis projects, setting up new portfolio & project teams.
On the training side, have designed and developed content for ACP training for a leading PMI training provider in Chennai. Conducted multiple sessions of Scaled Agilist (SA) Training.
Regular Speaker / Panelist in Agile event circuit including forums like, Agile Testing Alliance Global Gathering, India Agile Tour, Scrum Gathering India. Slated to speak in the upcoming Lean Kanban Conference in Bangalore in December, 2015.
In terms of volunteering, I am the Chennai chapter co-organizer for ISEC and Agile Testing Alliance; Successfully conducted over half-a-dozen meet-ups in the past year.
Feb 2014 - Present
Jun 2008 - Present
PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE
Jun 2013 - Present
AGILE CERTIFIED PRACTITIONER
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE
Mar 2011 - Present
CERTIFIED SCRUM MASTER
Sep 2014 - Present
CERTIFIED SCRUM PROFESSIONAL
Mar 2014 - Present
Altimetrik India Pvt Ltd., as
Associated with the Agile initiatives in the captive IT unit of Fortune 100 Global Auto Major being part of the Agile CoE Asia Pacific. Engagement includes, working at level of individual programs and Projects by Consulting, Training and Coaching on Scrum, Kanban and SAFe along with the ALM tool. Then, furthering Enterprise Adoption by identification(and removal) of impediments, recommending additions to Agile tools and techniques, building organizational frameworks and contributing to process definition.
Jun 2011 - Mar 2014
Program Manager (Testing); Agile Transformation team member
Test Program management for multiple software Product lines in Physical Security area in SIEMENS Building Technologies Unit.
I was a Member BU Agile Transformation team & Agile Coach, implementing key XP Technical Practices & Organizational Change Management practices; furthering tool adoption.
- Pioneering Agile transition in Chennai, with scrum coaching, innovations and process tailoring in Agile space Driving the effort to reduce the Release timelines(around 25%) by adopting Agile Testing
- Conceptualisation and implementation of Continuous Integration-with test automation and build automation
- Creation of Competency Assessment and Training framework Agile Product Development set-up
- Test environment rationalization-with hardware intensive set-ups and intensive use of Virtualisation technologies
- Team direction and focus on testing of Non-functional requirements & Load and Performance
2009 - 2011
Pursuit Solution Lead
Being part of the Defense and Internal Security Group, provided technical insight for upcoming projects in Software application development and IT System Integration space.
2008 - 2009
Consultant Solution Factory
For the nascent Utilities solutions group, was involved in developing initial solution & design framework, collaboratively working out the project scope, evaluation of tools and optimizing the cost & estimates for the new opportunities.
2006 - 2008
Manager, Scrum Master
MATRIX is a web-based enterprise product built on J2EE for managing meter data collection using Hand-held units. Part of the Project Management team with responsibilities in Scoping, Requirements management, testing, configuration management and customer engagement leading a team of over 25 members. Played the role of a Scrum Master & Configuration Manager.
Part of the team which set-up the project team off-shore. Turned around the project using Agile Scrum after the project turned red under fixed price mode. Ironed out the requirement related issues in two key modules & generated change requests-to the extent of 40% of initial contract value.
Developer / Tech Lead
Siemens (Client Ford)
MPS is an enterprise grade finance application involving administration of multi-billion dollar payments, built in Unix / Oracle 9i with presentation layer in Microsoft technologies. Responsibilities included,
- Module Lead for the reporting Module; data modelling & performance optimization
- Leading the integration testing for the releases
- Evaluated MPS for SoX compliance and instituted remedial measures. Then, continued as an internal auditor for the same project.
2000 - 2003
Developer/Tech. Lead(Net minister OSP Product (for SIEMENS ICN, Germany); Munich/Chennai
Software product Netminister OSP manages the Out-side Plant networks of telecom firms with GIS. Was the Module lead for reporting module & PL/SQL, VC++ and VB developer. Core team member for project off-shoring from Munich to Chennai.
Jan 1998 - Jan 2000
Forest Management Information System; Chennai / Gurgaon
FMIS was developed as a MIS & GIS for M. P Forest Department, under the aegis of The World Bank.Played the role of developer / I handled the design & development tasks in PL/SQL and VB and GIS Integration.
1996 - 1998
P.G. Diploma in Forestry Management
1993 - 1996
University of Madras
1993 - 1996
Higher Diploma in Software Engineering
EVENTS PARTICIPATED AS Panelist / Reviewer / Speaker
Reviewer for the following events:
- Global SCRUM GATHERING New Orleans 2014
- Scrum Gathering India 2014 (SGI 2014) and SGI 2015
- Scrum Gathering India & South Asia 2015
Regular Speaker in Agile event circuit:
- Agile Testing Alliance Global Gathering, Bangalore 2014 & 2015 – Panelist and speaker
- Agile Tour 2013,2014 & 2015 Chennai
- Next Generation Testing, Chennai, 2013 and 2014
- India Agile Week, Chennai, 2014 & 2015 – Panelist and speaker
- Techgig Webinar on Innovations and Adaptations in Agile Testing, 2014
- India Testing Conference, Chennai, 2013
- India Agile Conference, Chennai, 2013 – Panelist and speaker
- Scrum Gathering India Regional, Pune, 2013
- Agile in Business, Chennai, 2013
- INFOCOM 09-10, Kolkata, 2010 – Panelist and speaker
- SIS Technology Day, 2008, Salzburg, Austria