GE India Innovation Centre - Sept 2007 - Nov 2008
Designation – AnalystRole – Vendor Management Leader – Business Intelligence – Operations/Transition.Responsibilities -
- Handling 10-member above team of vendor.
- Successfully lead smooth transition of BI support from EU and US to India for 3 GE businesses – saving $ 170M to business.
- To handle operations and support of BI.
- Set up process which improved operations efficiency and commitment on Say Do.
- Instrument in driving metrics by maintaining above 98% of closed cases.
- Currently in the process of identifying and transitioning addition task to vendor team.
- Involved in team engagement by setting – Share Your Knowledge a monthly session.
- Point of contact to handle escalations and meet business SLA’s.
- In process of setting up 24*7 support operations.
- Received appreciation award for successful transition.
- Primary SPOC for setting up Knowledge Management
Service Level Management (ITIL) (July 2006 – Nov 1st2007)
- Among the first seven to be certified in IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) in GE India Innovation Centre.
- Single Point of Contact for Service Level Management related queries.
- Second Point of contact for GE Industrial – Global.
- Instrumental in setting up Service Level Agreement (SLA) for critical application like BMC Patrol, CICS which is a mainframe application.
- Initiated process for collecting information from application owners like Oracle , Siebel.
- Trained on HP Service Center by HP in Louisville (US).
- Train Incident/Problem management team, currently working on Kintana on HPSC.
- Participated in workshop with HP Group at Louisville - US in giving requirements with respect to design and workflow for HPSC from Incident, Problem Management point of view.
- As a works lead drove team to setting up process and building Knowledge Management pool. Which was well appreciated by leaders
Network Operation Center - Global Command Centre (Oct 2004 - June 2006) Introduction –Global Command Centre is a single point of contact across the globe for General Electric to handle and troubleshoot issues pertaining to network, servers and monitoring category 1 application of GE Industrial Business Roles and Responsibilities
- Handling request for restarting applications on Unix boxes and backup of logs.
- Shift Manager- Handled a team who are more than 3 to 15 years experienced, and responsible handling escalation.
- Interact with various team members to handle their request and to work on projects.
- Provided training to new hire on day to day activities like Unix restarts, Network Trouble shooting, Monitoring and Escalating Critical application.
- Completed Green Belt project – Laptop Tracking System & Sales Drill Down Application
- Mentored other Green Belt Projects (Employee Relieving Process) to achieve certification.
- Completed two LEAN project
(a) Teamsite Account Request (b) Restart Request for Application.
- Successfully completed Service Catalog Project which is appreciated by IT Leaders in US in ITIL Team.
- Documentation project, which involves gathering information of various network and servers from network and server team of GE Consumer & Industrial business and make sure that this, collected, is available to the team at a single location.
- Trained 20 members on ITIL
- Part of the recruiting panel to short list and interview candidates for NOC and ITIL which include Service Level Management and Configuration Management.
GE Capital International Services (Sep 2002 – Sep 2004)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support on Business Specific Applications and Hardware related issues including Remote Access to a client base of 50,000 Users based in UK and GE Industrial System, GE, US.
- During the Organisation restructure was assigned the responsibility to train India and Dalian helpdesk of GE Infrastructure Business on business specific application so that they could handle users who would be moving from GE Industrial System to GE Infrastructure business.
- Single points of contact to help team in resolving technical issues related to application and handle escalation from users and second level team.
- Applause Award – Successful transition of GE Appliance, GE Lighting and GE Power Control BI Operation support to Vendor. 2008
- Received special appreciation award from global helpdesk manager for GE Industrial.
- Received team award for displaying outstanding values of GE value