Infrastructure Architect/Project Lead & DR Manager
HCL Technologies Singapore Pte. Ltd
Project: Capitaland Pvt Ltd, Singapore
Awards: - Awarded for Top CSAT Customer Satisfaction and Outstanding Performance across many Projects(FY 2013).
Leading the IT infrastructure of Top real estate and retail giant in Singapore, Capitaland Pvt Ltd.
- The profile includes custody of servers's (800+) handling critical applications and confidential databases across 2 Data Centres in Singapore hosted by Equnix on several platforms like HP-UX, Red Hat Linux 5, 6 & 7, Suse Linux, Ubuntu, Solaris, Linux-based Virtual Appliances, Microsoft Window Server 2008, Vmware ESX & Cloud deployments with Netapp storages.
- Disaster Recovery Manager - I plan, strategize and execute Annual Disaster Recovery Exercises, Standalone Drills, backup/restore procedures and ensures Business Continuity by achieving desired RTO/RPO.
- Infrastructure Architect - Delivering all aspects concerning server architecture planning, strategizing, technology adoption, designing, implementing or provisioning systems/database/applications according to customer and business needs. Work with the marketing team / Customers in pre-sales, collaterals, lead generation and responding to RFPs on Cloud migration, management, DB, performance and Security related projects.
- As a Project LeadResponsible for RHEL, Suse Linux & HP-Unix administration and configurations on HP MCSG (Service Guard Clusters), Veritas Clusters, LVM, VxVm, Package Administration(yum), Public DNS, NFS, Send Mail relays, Forward & Reverse Squid Proxy, Sudo, NIC Teaming, LVM and VxFS file system management, Unix patching and configuration management & ILO.
- Writing Linux bash scripts and HP-UX POSIX scripts for server automation, performance monitoring and automate daily tasks. Familiar with other programming languages like Perl, HTML, JAVA and CSS.
- Perform health checks, Application & Server Monitoring using BMC tools like BMC Patrol (BPPM), BMC Bladelogic (BBSA) Automation Tools, BMC Performance Manager & VMware VCOM & BMC Control-M for Large-scale scheduling of batch jobs.
- Building Virtual Machines on-premise (Datacentres in SG) or Cloud. Migrate existing Windows & Linux machines from DC to NTT Private & Public Cloud platforms. Supporting a wide range of Application deployments like SAP, Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft, Middleware- Apache, LAMP, Microsoft IIS, IBM Web Sphere Application Server.
- Having working knowledge of cloud platforms like AWS and Google Cloud, familiar with pricing options, budgeting, compute and storage options, building and importing instances.
- To lead and mentor a team of 14+ engineers and writing technical documentation and KB articles on known issues. Providing timely RCA reports, raising vendor cases.
- Working on several ITSM Tools like BMC Remedy, HP Service Manager, ServiceNow portals and working in accordance with ITIL processes concerning SLA, Change, Incident, Problem (RCA) & Asset Management.
- Responsible for audit engagement planning and certification with the customer on requirements like ISO27001 process and procedures and PCI compliance.
- Implementing security templates & compliance using QualysGuard tool and support installaion/troubleshooting of McAfee Antivirus for Linux and Windows machines through EPO.
- Responsible for analyzing and providing Monthly reports, RCA reports, SOP's, Impact Analysis, Patching reports, compliance reports and also Server performance & Capacity Reports to the customer.