Senior director, Polyolefin R&D
Borealis is a leading polyolefin producer, generating $ 8 billion revenue by providing polyolefin based solutions for the automotive, advanced packaging and infrastructure markets.
- Leading a large multidisciplinary group of 160 researchers and product developers, located in 3 European Innovation centres.
- Responsible for catalyst research, process development, polymer design and compounding of plastics for automotive, infrastructure and advanced packaging markets.
- Reorganized and implemented an organization fully focused on project work, and established portfolio management, resulting in a significant improvement in project delivery performance.
- Rebuilt technical competence through strategic recruitment of over 40 people and specific onboarding programs.
- Analyzed competitive technologies and developed with the Strategy team scenarios for acquisition and licensing, resulting in an acquisition.
- Ensured return on the R&D investment through product launches creating an additional $ 250 million.