Aug 2004 - Dec 2008
Fiji Run for Leukemia
Lawrence/Manhattan, KS Sept. 2004 - Sept. 2008
Volunteer - Helped organize and participated in the 30-34th annual runs. - The runs raised around $20,000 each of those years and over $600,000 to date for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. - Co-authored a news release about the event, which was covered by several local newspapers.
I am a recent graduate looking to start a career in an agency environment. My degree is in Strategic Communications, which prepared me to create strategic plans based on research. I am well-versed in the principles of Integrated Marketing Communications, as well as the new directions advertising and PR are going in. I'm confident I would be an intelligent, youthful, professional, and inquisitive addition to your team.
To begin a career in advertising or public relations where I assist with developing and communicating messages to the public.
Jul 2005 - Jan 2009
Jet Lag Lounge
- Multi-tasked orders, cash register and product preparation under fast paced conditions, while providing customer assistance when needed.
- Aided management with opening and closing the lounge, tallying tabs and closing out the registers.
Jun 2008 - Aug 2008
ZOI Greek Telephone Directory
- Underwent a week-long sales training seminar, which I used to generate leads and sell more than $8,000 in advertising space for the 2009 University of Kansas directory.
- Assisted clients with the layout of their ads.
Nov 2006 - Nov 2007
Fraternity of Phi Gamma Delta
- Coordinated and supported committees for graduate relations, public relations, philanthropy, finance, and recruitment.
- Led weekly chapter meetings for over 100 members and provided monthly meetings to update the house corporation.
- Helped create and manage a $200 thousand budget.
Feb 2005 - Nov 2006
Graduate Relations Chairman
Phi Gamma Delta
- Wrote and distributed monthly e-newsletters to graduated members.
- Updated a database of over 1,300 names and addresses to include e-mail addresses.
- Planned and coordinated the creation of a Web site to expand the reach of our messages.
- Updated the Web site with news and upcoming events on a regular basis.