Information Technology Executive and former Navy Officer with over fifteen years of experience leveraging technology to drive and sustain business value in both consulting and corporate environments. Reputation for effective execution and delivering results in high pressure or changing environments. Successful track record of defining and implementing strategies to support rapid business growth, IT agility and business transformation in a variety of industries, including healthcare, retail, financial services, insurance, consumer products and automotive. Natural leader with strong entrepreneurial spirit and special talent for transitioning strategy into action and achievement.
2009 - 2010
Combined in-depth industry and market knowledge with diagnostic business development skills to uniquely position the firm, lead pursuits and drive project-based revenue. Established trusted advisor status with key contacts across the client base, established credibility, developed new project opportunities and negotiated to successful closure. Representative client engagements include:
- Managed the development of an eHealth software framework and clinical portal application that delivers consolidated access to patient information through a single entry point. Successfully deployed the portal framework at two major Midwest integrated healthcare providers.
- For ACS, led the design and development of a high-volume payment processing and disbursement platform that handles about 50% of the child support payment volume nationwide. Managed the successful deployment of the system in four states using cross-functional consultant and client teams of offshore and onshore resources.
- Provided technical and business process leadership for a patient satisfaction improvement project for Southern Illinois Healthcare. Designed and implemented an architecture to support
2007 - 2009
Managing Director for Redpoint Technologies, a technology services firm that solves complex business problems using leading edge technologies and agile best practices.Provided industry-leading support for software development best practices by developing and marketing services to help software-intensive companies better achieve their business goals.Within 12 months, transformed the firm from a traditional software engineering company to a solution focused organization with expertise in agile management and engineering practices.Increased revenue by 59% while increasing consultant headcount by 36%.Representative client engagements include:
- Software Development Best Practices:Provided consulting serviceson the full spectrum of software development activities, including management, requirements, architecture, design, construction, testing, QA, methods and processes, and configuration management.
- Agile/XP Software Development:For Accenture, developed a Web-based Time & Expense System used by more than 150,000 users.Completed the project in less time than it had taken the client to develop its initial requirements. As a result of the new T&E application, the client has captured millions of dollars in lost revenue due to improved data input and validation controls as well as reduced support and maintenance costs.The client has also gained much-needed control and consolidation of business rules across geographies.
- Complex Web-Based Analytic Tool Development:For The Nielsen Company designed and developed advanced information management tools and sophisticated analytical systems that enable the firm’s clients to receive, select and evaluate market-measurement information.Managed multidisciplinary teams that included offshore and onshore third party resources.