IT Director & Security Officer
* Created a successful and lucrative Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) infrastructure that is highly available, scalable, and replicated in near-real-time. This infrastructure continually exceeds all service level agreements for uptime.
* Identified and corrected issues with separation of duties, security reporting, and defensive posture. Confidentiality prevents listing specific details, though the net result has been a significant advance in the organizations security and maturity.
* Implemented physical security controls for the corporate office, wrote policies and procedures for patient data privacy protection, as well as incident response and notification plans oriented around client protected health information (PHI)
* Developed a annual budgeting system to move the organization from ad-hoc spending, to a more efficient, predictable, cost effective, and traceable method.
* Shaved 40% off of IT operational expenses via changes in vendors/agreements. Migrated colocation providers to ones that have successfully passed SSAE-16 audits
* Presently wrapping up preparations for an organizational SSAE-16 audit engagement.
* Brought order to the security of portable and employee owned (“BYOD” – Bring Your Own Device) devices, such that all are now encrypted and may be remotely erased.