Project Assistant (Project Leader: Dr. Sudip Roy)
CSIR - National Chemical Laboratory
M. Sc in Chemistry
University of Delhi
Specialization in Physical Chemistry
B. Sc (Major in Chemistry)
University of Calcutta
1. Souvik Chakraborty, Sudip Roy. Structural, Dynamical, and Thermodynamical Properties of Carbon Nanotube Polycarbonate Composites: A Molecular Dynamics Study. The Journal of Physical Chemistry B 03/2012; 116(10):3083-91.
2. Souvik Chakraborty, Chandan Kumar Choudhury, Sudip Roy. Morphology and Dynamics of Carbon Nanotube in Polycarbonate Carbon Nanotube Composite from Dissipative Particle Dynamics Simulation. Macromolecules 04/2013; 46(9):3631.
3. Souvik Chakraborty, Sudip Roy. Structure of Nanorod Assembly in The Gyroid Phase of Diblock Copolymer. The Journal of Physical Chemistry B 05/2015; 119(22):6803-12.
- Structure and Mechanism of Self-assembly of Sophorolipids by Dissipative Particle Dynamics Simulation (Manuscript under preparation)
Compact Floc-like Micelles in Hydrophobically Modified Block Copolymers of N,N-dimethylacrylamide and Acrylic acid: Disssipative Particle Dynamics Simulation Study (Manuscript under preparation)
- Effect of Surface Structuring and Hydrogen coverage on Adsorption of Cyclo-dodecadiene on Pd (100) Surface (Manuscript under preparation)
- CSIR-NET Lectureship held in December 2008
- CSIR SRF (December, 2012)
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows
- Computational Chemistry Software: GROMACS, DL MESO, Gaussian, Quantum Espresso, MaterialsStudio
- Programming languages: C, Fortran, Shell scripting
- Application software: Microsoft office, Latex, Xmgrace, Kile
- Graphical software: VMD, Pymol, Gview, Molden, Xcrysden
- Presented poster in “Theoretical Chemistry Symposium” at IIT Kanpur in December 2010.
- Presented poster in "FAPS-MACRO 2013" at IISC, Bangalore.
- Presented poster in “Theoretical Chemistry Symposium” at NCL, Pune in December 2014.
Teaching Assistantship with Dr. Sudip Roy for “Multiscale modeling” course at CSIR-NCL in 2012.
Teaching Assistantship with Dr. Sudip Roy for “Multiscale modeling” course at CSIR-NCL in 2011.
A. Polycarbonate and Carbon Nanotube Composites: Atomistic to Meso-scale Simulation
Polycarbonate is a widely used polymer and while embedded with fillers it exhibits change in mechanical, thermal, electrical properties. For our study, we have taken the system of monomer and trimer of polycarbonate and single wall carbon nanotube as filler. Different percentages of mixers have been taken for the study of structural and dynamical properties. The energetics of aggregation of nanotubes in the polymer matrix has been explored.
We have performed atomistic simulation to explore local structural and dynamical properties of nanotubes in composite and then meso-scale simulation is carried out to study morphology and dynamics in experimental length and timescale. In atomistic simulation bundle formation of CNTs is observed and the mechanism and energetics of bundle formation are investigated. Bundle formation of nanotubes is found to be energetically favourable. As atomistic simulation is restricted in terms of length and timescale, simulation of long polymer chains with long nanotubes is difficult. So Dissipative Particle Dynamics simulation is performed to study the morphology and dynamics of CNTs in long chain polycarbonate matrices with different concentrations of CNT. Necessary parameters for DPD simulation of nanotube polymer composite is mapped from all-atomistic MD simulations using Flory-Huggins theory. Three different concentrations of nanotube loading in polycarbonate matrix are simulated to investigate morphology and dynamics of nanotubes. Bundle formation of nanotubes in polycarbonate matrices has been observed. Percolation morphology by nanotubes is found to be formed.
B. Structure of Nanorod Assembly in Gyroid Phase of Diblock Copolymer
Gyroid phase is one of the microstructures formed by block copolymer. It has curved interfacial surface providing confinements throughout the matrix, and thus can regulate the shape and sizes of self-assembled nanorods doped in it. Mesoscale simulation of model systems has been performed to explore the structure and dynamics of bundles formed by nanorods of different flexibilities in gyroid phase of diblock copolymer matrix.
Bundles of different shapes and sizes have been found to be formed depending upon the nanorod flexibility and copolymer-nanorod interactions. The shape anisotropy and radius of gyration of bundles situated at different interfacial confining locations of block-copolymer matrices have been investigated as function of nanorod flexibility, nanorod-copolymer miscibility.
C. Morphology and Dynamics of Associating Triblock Co-Polymer
This ongoing project aims to explore and investigate the detail understanding of structure, morphology, dynamics of NN-Dimethyl acrylamide and hydrophobically modified acrylic acid containing triblock co-polymers with help of Mesoscale simulations.
Nationality – Indian
Date of Birth – 01/01/1985
Languages Known – English, Hindi, Bengali
Address of Communication – H103, Polymer and Advance Material Science Laboratory,
CSIR- National Chemical Laboratory,
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune 411008, India.
Mobile: +91 9545342925 Mail: email@example.com
1. Dr. Sudip Roy
Shell Technology Center,
2. Dr. Kumar Vanka
CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory,
3. Dr. Suman Chakrabarty
CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory,