Software Quality Assurance Tester
Vetsamerica Business consulting
Serve as a key member of software QA team as the lead QA consultant on User Acceptance Testing for the U.S Veterans Affairs Health Care division. Supervise a five-member software QA testing team in developing and implementing automated test management tools and quality-control methodologies to ensure compliance with QA standards, federal regulations and customer specifications. Results:
- Created and executed automated software test plans, cases and scripts to uncover, identify and document software problems and their causes. Led QA effort that:
- Imported entire suite of manual Test Scripts into automated testing tool, which reduced execution time and logged concise test metrics.
- Produced reliable Requirements Traceability by automatically mapping apex level feature artifacts to Test Cases.
- Automated test execution results which captured comprehensive and concise testing data leading to reliable, streamlined reporting.
- Deconstructed multi-feature Test Cases into single feature Test Cases suitable for segmented testing and traceability.
- Conducted formal and informal product design reviews throughout the software development lifecycle to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues. Leveraged developer relationship background to communicate effectively with software design team, quickly gaining their respect and becoming a valued, “go-to” team member on challenging test cases.