Hospital Preparedness Coordinator
Weimar Medical Center
- Assess, plans, develops, implements, maintains, and evaluates a comprehensive emergency management program/emergency operations plan.
- Coordinator designs and instructs emergency and disaster preparedness training courses; assists with developing and maintaining liaisons with community partners such as local, state, federal, coalitions, and private organization partners.
- Recommend, procure, maintain, and conduct training with emergency management assets and equipment.
- Develop and conduct drills and exercises including related meetings and documentation.
- Assist in meeting regulatory requirements for accrediting agencies and CMS.
- Participates with emergency/disaster and/or safety committees.
- Assumes a leadership role within the hospital incident command system during activations of an emergency operations plan or declared emergency/disaster.
- Proposes enhancements or modifications to the emergency management program based on lessons learned, identification of best practices, regulatory or technical changes. Collaborates with all levels within the organization.
- May assist with leading special projects.
- Maintains records and documentation related to the emergency management program.