Recruited from Minute Tools
Reporting directly to company president of global CPG leader. Oversight of sales, research and development, marketing and operational strategies across the board for domestic positioning of product lines.
- Manage product management/marketing teams with full P & L accountability with 70% existing product and large account manager, 30% new product launch.
- Directed graphics and packaging design with direct/oversight for product development and commercialization with responsibility for 12-20 new products yearly with introduction of multiple new brands and launches every quarter.
- Member of President's Executive Team of 14 key and senior managers representing both domestic and international (Netherlands, England, Germany) markets;
- Developed effective communication and forward results with oversight and direct reporting from four project managers, one market researcher, an R&D department, one data metrics specialist, and four Vice President/GMs on a regular basis driving cross-functionality at all levels.
- Lead the intelligence gathering/market research group; and Lead Wal-Mart, Costco & Sam's Club.
Built and implemented a strong, disciplined product management business team with clear strategic accountability, analytics, and stewardship from an informal and tactical merchandising department.
- Developed Accountable Profit-Centric Product Management/Champion Team through training and mentoring vs. outside recruiting.
- New Product Innovation Process Implemented - Established disciplined, clear New Product
- Development process that provided rapid customer execution of industry leading innovations
- Lead teams that achieved highly successful new product expansion in Wal-Mart, Sam's, Kroger. +20% volume
- Established Consumer Insights/ Analytics Research Department and Team to drive marketing intelligence strategy & analysis - Proprietary Consumer Research (HUT etc.), IRI, Dunn Humby, Customer QB Data