Detail-oriented, ethical professional seeks a position in accounting where strong analytical and problem-solving abilities will contribute to business growth. Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects with strong written and verbal communication skills. Academic preparation includes accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliations, general ledger, inventory methods, tax research and individual and corporate taxation.
Nov 2008 - Present
Senior Tax Advisor 2
H & R Block
Office Manager with 15 tax professional on site. Have over 350 C.P.E credits with company, Clients Tax returns ranging from Rentals and small business to Estates and gift tax returns. Tax instructor and tax mentor to the junior staff as well as informational speaker on all tax topics that would impact any client who needs to file a 1040 series
Sep 2008 - Present
Purr-fect Grooming solutions
Responsible for the day to day operations which includes A/P, A/R, Bank reconcilation and end of month statements.
Jun 2007 - Present
Tutor students on the accounting cycle including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and sales forecasting while adhering to GAAP guidelines.
Jun 2003 - Present
Board of Review member
City of Sterling Heights
· Authority to change the state equalized value of any property as a result of evidence provided by a taxpayer. · Authority to change the taxable value for a property only as it relates to specific addition only time when this does not apply is when the assessor has failed to uncap a property as a result of a qualified transfer of ownership or has mistakenly uncapped a property's and losses. · Authority to revise tax for commercial property taking into account items such as Goodwill, depreciation and economic conditions · Have jurisdiction to change property tax for residents for reasons of financial hardship
Dec 2010 - Present
John Rickel CPA
- Prepare and review Multi-state 1120, 1120-S, 1065, 1041 and 1040 series tax returns.
- Counsel clients on a variety of tax issues.
- Research tax questions; offer suggestions for tax planning and study tax laws for potential tax savings for corporate and individual clients.
- Type of clients responsible for: real estate management, development & partnership; health care tax planning &private high-income individual for estate & trust tax planning.
- Monthly reviews of G/L and Financial Statements issued
- Prepare property tax statement
- Accounting & Tax programs include ProFx, ATX and QuickBooks Pro 2008
- Handle a broad scope of internal processes encompassing the daily management of, billings, collections, reconciliation, general ledger and month-end-closings with a main focus on accounts receivable functions.
- Licensed Notary with the state of Michigan
Apr 2010 - Present
VFW Post 6250
Responsible for all monies due the Post, giving receipt therefore, and have charge of the funds, securities and other property of the Post, all of which shall be placed in my care.
- Disburse funds as properly authorized by the Post using accepted banking practices.
- Receive and process annual membership dues and life membership fees and forward the Department and National dues and life membership fees immediately to National Headquarters.
- Provide the Post Trustees with all records, files and statements required or necessary for the preparation of the Post Trustees Quarterly Report of Audit.
- Maintain a dues reserve fund and relief funds in accordance with the By-Laws and Manual of Procedure.
- Reconcile and verify all transactions listed on all bank statements to assure the accuracy of post records.
- Report on transactions concerning receipts and expenditures, for any given period, at a regular or special meeting of the Post.
- File appropriate forms as required by Federal, State and Local Statutes.
Nov 2003 - Present
City of Sterling Heights elections
Aug 2008 - Dec 2008
Tax Training Assistant
H & R Block
Dec 2007 - Apr 2008
H & R Block
Working with clients on individual 1040 returns in areas not limited to Home foreclosure, Healthcare expenses (e.g., medical, dental), ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) application, Retirement income, Small Business, Sole Proprietor, or Self-employed, Tax Planning