Oversee and verify work of staff technicians. Ensure technicians’ work is correct before it leaves pharmacy by checking data and by conducting concurrent drug utilization reviews on prescriptions being processed. Take lead in handling all phones calls from doctors and nurses as well as any other call that pertains to medical or
drug subject matter. Perform all flu and pneumonia vaccinations. Monitor stored vaccine and engage customers with vaccination questions. Counsel customers/patients on other subject matter, such as drug interactions and side effects. Train technicians on computer system use and on how to label medication.
• Vaccinated more than 400 patients during one month in 2009 (working 10-hour shifts during flu season) after becoming one of the few Walgreens pharmacists to complete certification process in 2008 to administer immunizations.
• Elevated customer satisfaction through responsive and thorough interaction, both on the phone and in person at stores. Noted for perseverance in satisfying customer needs or questions and always pursue and get back to customer with alternative solutions if answer is not readily at hand.
• Improved patient compliance and quality of life after performing four MTM (Medication Therapy Management) interventions in Summer 2010. Interventions provided educational and economic solutions to medication therapy for patients and increased Walgreens business by boosting patient refill rate.
• In addition to compliance results, identified and resolved adverse drug events.
• Intervention examples: Offered economic solution to noncompliant blood-pressure-medication patient by educating on recently available and lower-cost generic form. Assessed patient concerns about drug interactions following his triple bypass surgery, encouraging him to maintain medication therapy to prolong his life.
• Demonstrated strong work ethic and history of low error rate as documented in tracking of Key Performance Indicators.