Senior Database Consultant
Oversaw design and maintenance of Database environment at Arco Alaska division of $50 billion Oil Exploration and Production Company. Supported distributed Oracle database environment. Performed upgrades, patch maintenance and integration with vendor software on AIX, NT and Solaris platforms. Led up to 7 team members performing Database Administration.
- Initiated utilization of Data Warehouse ETL software during conversion of legacy data in IMS to Oracle, saving over 50% of total project costs by reducing contract programming.
- Led design of data Warehouse for Arco Alaska encompassing extraction of IBM legacy system business and engineering data into Oracle for support purpose, which improved timeliness of reports and enhanced ability to analyze inventory.
- Established systems to provide limited data to vendors extranet, resulting in dramatically reduced world load on accounting staff.
- Severed as technical project lead for database server consolidations project, collapsing multiple database servers to form large SMP environment, reducing costs by eliminating two DBA positions.
- Performed key role as technical consultant during transition from IBM Mainframe to client/server model. Recommended database, development and network software that contributed to eliminating mainframe support structure with 20% decrease in support costs.