A multitasker.A skillful communicator.An idea generator.A Media & Marketing MBA, with over five years of expertise in entertainment, broadcast, digital and interactive marketing strategy.
- Excellence in Arts Program Honors (10 students out of 350)- Sophia College, Mumbai
- Editor’s choice Award for outstanding achievement in poetry by poetry.com
- Employee of the Year, ImaginAsian Entertainment Inc. 2007-2008
- Choreographer: Nargis Dutt Cancer Foundation Benefit Fashion Shows (5 years) – raised over 1 million dollars to date
- Radio Host ,Anil Ki Awaaz and iaList (96.1 FM KSQQ), Radio Host- Total Time pass (Dish Network),
- Sports Correspondent, ‘Super Selector’ on ESPN-Asia (Oct 2001),
- Host, South Asian Students Association DVD and TV Specials 2005 / 2006,
- Host, Pulse and iaLink TV shows on iaTV
- Guest Host, Sahara TV, Ravi Punjabi, uncle Morty's Dub Shack and The Lounge
- Lead actress 2 Indian music videos, and was featured in 3 national TV and print campaigns
- Host for various TV channels like Raavi Punjabi, Sahara TV and have conducted interviews with several celebrities like of Salman Rushdie, Aishwarya Rai, Indra Nooyi, etc.
Jan 2009 - Present
·Currently developing positioning and business plan for a toy store,Kanya Kingdom, with a non-profit focus on orphan girls.
·Currently branding, India’s Closet, a fashion retail brand with a store scheduled to open in 2011
·Re-branded K-Lounge NYC, a lounge in midtown Manhattan which led to a 60% increase in revenues over previous year.
·Developed concept/ business plan for Ed Hardy Nightclub, NYC (opening March 2011) which led to$700,000 in investor funding.
·Re-branded Saks Saddlery, Inc., a wholesale equestrian products company, and developed website www.sakssaddlery.com, which received 50% increase in orders within the first three months of operation.
May 2008 - Jan 2009
·Worked on re-branding strategy for iaTV (national cable network in 5 million US homes) in order to attract a second generation Asian American Audience. This involved supervising development of a new logo, sales and media kits and reels, new PR strategy, updating market research data and working closely with sales and programming in proposals for potential advertisers. This led to positive B2B industry feedback and interest from several youth targeting advertisers with 65% increase in revenues from the same quarter of the previous year.
·Led marketing team comprising strategy, media planning/PR, events, affiliate marketing, and market research divisions comprising of 25 staff; co-managed print/ web staff and scheduled deadlines for campaigns across TV production, print , web and core marketing team. Increased employee morale through open door policy, daily briefings about campaign/company progress and adopting a personalized approach
Apr 2007 - May 2008
·Managed marketing for TV, radio, theater, films divisions, oversaw 2 million dollar marketing budget, managed daily operations of department, and reported directly to VP Marketing via weekly updates. Introduced and moderated bi-weekly meetings between production, marketing and sales which alleviated confusion relating to ongoing projects
·Spearheaded data collection of media and demographic data for top Asian DMA’s and over 30 cable systems as well as conducted/analyzed surveys via events/online to gain viewer preferences and grew email database to over 3 million.
·Managed national ground marketing effortsvia presence at 30 major Asian themed events which led to more brand recognition for iaTV
·Developed and executed multilingual national marketing plans for TV shows and created proposals for branded blocks w/sales team.
·Conceptualized $300,000 marketing plan for iaCenter Movie Theater in LA comprising a 500 person theater launch party with celebrities and politicians as well as organized the Speed Racer red carpet Preview with Korean Megastar Rain and Warner Bros Entertainment.
·Supervised collateral QC, development, design, copy, ordering, and dissemination, oversaw external online presence for network across social computing media and supported affiliate sales with mktg. cross promotions strategies for Time Warner, Comcast etc.
Mar 2006 - Apr 2007
Project Manager, Marketing
·Headed marketing tactics and managed financial budget of theatrical and DVD release of Vietnamese movie Journey from the fall which achieved highest per theater gross in the second week w/ total box office gross of over $600,000 and oversaw marketing for DVD releases of Comedy Zen Show TV show, and two international bi-lingual movies called Canary and Green Chair.
·Oversaw affiliate marketing for channel launches in Houston, Hawaii, Virginia, LA and NYC which included media placements and red carpet industry events in NY in LA with AFI and managed network presence at NCTA cable show 06 and 07.
Jul 2004 - Mar 2006
Program Manager, Producer and Host, ImaginAsian Radio
·Spearheaded iaRadio (ImaginAsian Radio) which was launched as a marketing tool to increase awareness about ImaginAsian Entertainment. Launched online www.imaginasianradio.com, averaging 10,000 hits /day. Increased reach to terrestrial radio in San Francisco (96.1 KSQQ FM) and gained carriage on Dish Network with original shows called Total Time pass and iaList.
·Conceptualized, produced 6 original radio shows and scripted all interstitials, promos and commercials. Learned to use adobe audition software to edit commercials/promos and learned code support online streaming without an advanced technical team.
·Built music library from zero to over 300 Asian American artists and gained extensive grassroots support by sponsoring musicians’ performances in NY and LA and went on to organize licensing of music for in house TV shows.
·Handled all marketing, sales initiatives and event sponsorships for ImaginAsian Radio and was Managing Editor for the iaRadio newsletter.
May 2004 - Jun 2005
- Founding partner of Zinc (comprehensive events and entertainment mktg company with a fashion focus)
- Conceptualized and choreographed fashion shows for established designers, talent management for models
Feb 2004 - Jul 2004
Brunswick Medical Services
- Audited 2 years of annual finances of 3 million dollar company to estimate profit/loss centers
- Conceptualized comprehensive marketing plan for rehab center from patient feedback to potential new business targets
- Assisted HR team in negotiations of terms with employees to create a healthier work environment
Sep 2003 - Dec 2003
Sony Entertainment Television Asia
- Handled advertising billing and invoicing of clients
- Assisted in special event management of Bollywood Music Awards and Boogie Woogie National Dance Competition(NJ,NY)
May 2003 - Jul 2003
- Assisted in promotions for L’Oreal, Nickelodeon and Damrak Gin by Remy Martin
- Managed models and handled recruitment for shoots, promotions etc.
Sep 2000 - Nov 2001
Content Manager, Fashion and Lifestyle
- Developed online content for India’s first broadband based entertainment video website
- Scripted and directed short entertainment videos with 22 renowned classical artists, fashion designers, models and news makers
- Host/Correspondent for online videos and all live promotional events