Test Consultant/Data Load Test Analyst
Data Communications Company (Capita DCC)
Joined the Capita DCC Smart Metering Implementation Programme on the BIMI (Business Intelligence Management Information) project working on the backend/database side as a Data Load Test Analyst. The programme was initiated as part of the Government’s target to have Smart Meter devices in all UK households by 2020. The objective of BIMI is to deliver a set of Cognos reports showing a variety of data for example - Service Failures and Performance Measures. These data are loaded into the SQL database server in the form of CSV files and the Cognos reports will display these data in the front end. Data load activity involves loading valid data files and to ensure incorrect/negative files are validated in the database.
Role as a Data Load Test Analyst for each sprint Iterations involves:
- Attend daily team stand up meetings to discuss impediments, requirements specifications and deliverables.
- Write test plans and send it off for sign off from project stakeholders.
- Analyse requirements specification documents in order to design a set of valid and negative test scenarios and test data files in CSV format.
- Create SSIS automation test suite on the confirmed test data and scenarios using XML.
- Test execution by automating the SSIS test suite or manually running SQL commands/agent jobs on the database.
- Verify correct data row records from the test files are correctly inserted into the SQL Database Staging layer tables, Operational Data Stores (ODS), Views, Presentation layer tables, OLAP Cubes and that incorrect test files/data row records are rejected.
- Raising any defects detected into Jira and liaising with developing team in defect meetings to confirm release deployment versions to be fixed for retest.
- Completing the Iteration by writing test completion report with test and defects statistics.
- Giving a demo to test assurance team to demonstrate test activity of the Iteration.
- Maintenance of test scripts and test data from any changes in the database or change of requirements.