AVP Information Services, Quality Assurance
IGM Financial Inc.
Orchestrated a flexible SDLC methodology with minimal technology investment for multiple IT teams. Successfully extended it to first one, then two divisions within the enterprise. Headed a number of other evaluations of practices and made recommendations on enhancements.
- Developed, promoted and supported process improvements and an application development methodology
- Sponsored and led initiatives to develop and deploy automated workflows to facilitate the methodology
- Developed and launched the 'Release Manager' function for the division
- Responsible for 'process' for the division including participating in enterprise process improvement steering committees and leading improvement initiatives
Facilitated the development of a multiple-platform application code coordination and deployment process to three divisions with multiple lines of business
- Responsible for major implementations for eight years (12 implementations per year without major incidents)
- Procedures developed address:
- Component code version control
- Assembly of concurrent projects and maintenance work into coherent releases
- Data schema change coordination across synchronized platforms
- Release timetables, affirmations and coordination
Established and sustained a functional integrated test environment capable of supporting multiple concurrent projects and maintenance fixes in each release, which is the envy of the rest of the enterprise
- Core mainframe system with many of the satellite UNIX and web applications including FundSERV. Supports daily batch and synchronization processing with ORACLE clone database and downstream systems.
- Supports system date advancing to facilitate the testing of future scenarios.
- Integrated with software code library hierarchies to ensure effective integration testing
- Developing additional independent test environments to be 'loaned' to specific initiatives
Built an application testing team which has earned the respect of three divisions for its proactive approach, quality and effectiveness of testing and pragmatic response to testing challenges
Under the auspices of business validation, the team performs functional, integration and regression testing and provides business expertise and technical insight in recognizing, diagnosing and resolving defects.
- Team prepares Test Strategies; High Level Test plans; Detailed Test plans; Progress Reports; Defect Reports and Test Summaries
- Team members provide subject matter expertise in requirement and design stages of development projects
Participated in a broad variety of projects
- Major data migrations (one-time and ongoing cross platform synchronization)
- Establishment of two additional independent instances of our core application suite
- Major data structure conversions and field expansions
- New products and new account services
- System performance enhancements (optimization; concurrent processing; schedule automation)