Quality Control Technician Trainee
Coca-Cola Canners SA, Epping, Western Cape
- Conducted water quality checks twice a day (water pH, chlorine check, water hardness).
- Utilized the correct PPE to handle Carbon dioxide from the road tanker to ensure safety.
- Analyzed samples from the beginning of the products (syrups) in process and finished products (beverages).
- Recorded test results using a chemistry-specific software program.
- Continuously monitored the production process; making adjustments, ensuring that products are run within the correct blender and gas settings.
- Routinely inspected the line and reported malfunctions to production team or QC supervisor.
- Conducted taste tests, beverage BRIX, gas volume checks on beverages.
- Set aside and, re-tested out of specification products and kept records.
- Operated analytical instruments such as Soft drink analyzer, pH meters and pressure gauges.
- Routinely retained two cans after every 30 minutes, during each test for future reference.
- Completed and filed QC checklists, production books and certificates for audits.