- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- 80 wpm
- Adobe Photoshop CC 2015, Adobe Illustrator CC 2015
- Basic HTML Coding
- PC Operating Systems: Mac OS X, Windows XP
- Data Entry/Statistical Analysis, Research Methods, SPSS
- CRM databases, HRIS, and applicant tracking systems
- Cloud service sharing/storage
- Social Media Platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Google+, Snapchat, Periscope, YouTube, Vine; WordPress, Skype, Google Applications
Psychology graduate from Southern California with interests in the entertainment industry, music production & events, technology, esoteric science, complementary & alternative medicine, equality & humanitarianism, and any art form that promotes creativity and innovation.
Able to provide employers with administrative support and professional communication skills at all levels with a keen sense of intuition, leadership proficiency, problem-solving, creativity, professionalism, high integrity, and interpersonal & analytical skills.
Background & Experience:
- Administrative and HR practices, recruiting (30+ in one month's time) & training, talent acquisition
- Employee management (team of 50+)
- Music industry & music business, talent agency, event planning/management, event production, live events (4+ weekly)
- Social media marketing management
- Content writing and creation
- Holistic health practices
The mind/psyche is the root of everything and all understanding because if we understand the mind then we can implement better relationships meaning even better business practices to obtain success.
Recruitment Sourcer (Contract)
HBO - Home Box Office, Inc.
- Reviewed resumes, screen candidates (including pre-employment testing as needed), coordinate and schedule interviews with recruiter/hiring teams, provide follow up to candidates and recruiter, and provide administrative assistance as needed
- Partnered with Talent Acquisition Manager to gain a full understanding of business requirements in order to source, screen, and assess top quality candidates for current and future hiring needs
- Sought innovative ways to identify candidates via traditional and non-traditional avenues, including social media, applicant tracking systems, online job boards, and proactively maintain a pipeline of candidates for current and future hiring needs
Talent Acquisition Sourcer (Contract)
Live Nation Entertainment (Music Entertainment Company)
Assisted in corporate recruiting by sourcing business professionals (technical, administrative, marketing, sales, accounting).
- Management of sourcing processes, application tracking systems, and organizing data of potential candidates
- Professional written and verbal communication, email correspondence, and scheduling
- Research in CRM databases, Boolean searches, and online job boards/mobile recruitment platforms/social media networks to find potential candidates for company positions/roles
Assistant & Social Media Associate
Arcane Talent Agency & Arcane Records( Booking Agency & Record Label)
Assisted owner/CEO in phone/conference calls, pick up/drop off for international artists, email correspondence, and any other tasks as needed.
- Generated social media content used to increase in brand awareness and aided in social media marketing and online promotions
- Created and designed written electronic press kits for clients
- Hosted events by assisting in artist/guest hospitality, ticketing management, door staff tasks (cash/ticket collection and entry and re-entry), and event management
Event Manager/coordinator & Recruiter/HR Associate
White Rabbit Group, Inc. (Event Production - Electronic Music)
Carried out company policies and offered assistance and guidance to company staff in events and situations that produced positive employee relations and organizational development.
Event Management & Event Coordination:
- Managed accounts and quality relationships between ticket vendors/hosts, event companies, venue staff, booking agencies, artist management firms, and musicians/DJs
- Working and planning weekly events (4 nights consecutively at a time) in a fast paced high stress environment maintaining calm mindset
- Event management in fast-paced work settings assisting other event managers with any tasks, artist and guest hospitality, event advancing, talent buying, and event planning and marketing for music events
- Expense, budget, marketing, and sales reports to analyze quantitative and qualitative data
- Event advancing – travel, talent bookings, artist/venue deposits, stay/hotel booking, runners/transport, hospitality/technical riders, bar minimum/guarantee (bar split), comps/VIP wristbands, digital art/artist logo(s), event insurance, marketing/promotions, advertisements
- Management of ticketing host systems (Ticketweb, Flavorus, Eventbrite) and CRM/client data
- Ticketing – admission, payment plan, comps, will call, online purchasing
- Fan promotions, VIP packages, Meet-N-Greets
- Assisted in producing first large scale event – 3 stages, 2 venues, city permits, art installations, affiliate vendors, merchandise/retail products, 3,000+ attendees, 20+ artists
- Implemented performance management and development through employee quarterly reviews, organizational educational presentations, and team-building exercises
- Talent acquisition, sourcing, recruiting and staffing in time sensitive situations (30+ employees in one month’s time); Event staffing
- Reconstruction of training and onboarding processes with high employee retention
- Supervised and managed 50+ employees
- Interview and hiring processes; Scheduling
- Employee relations & employee development; Conflict resolution
- Company policy design and administration
Event Hostess & Promotions Representative
White Rabbit Group, Inc. (Event Production - Electronic Music)
Initially hired as an Event Hostess/Promoter and carried out marketing methods and strategies to facilitate social media promotions and encourage customer and online audience interaction. Weekly online, in-person, mobile promotions using social media platforms while developing and managing clientele list. Experienced working with ticket vendors, ticket-selling, and price negotiation. Ticket selling and cash collection. Highest ranked ticket-seller in a group of 50 promoters within my first month of working while subsequently achieving each month’s top three performers in gross sales.
Social Media Marketing Intern
House of Intuition (Holistic/Metaphysical Healing & Retail Store)
Designed and created original written and graphic social media content to collaborate with brand to improve following and interaction and to increase sales in retail products. Assisted in marketing plans and advertisements for new products and company announcements, including the opening of another retail location, a partnership with Urban Outfitters Inc., holiday sales, and promotions for customer rewards program. Co-created promotional strategy, marketing plan, and social media scheduling for an Instagram contest to win a $300 product giveaway.
- Community building; Engagement of online audiences
- Knowledge of Metaphysics, esoteric healing practices, holistic medicine, and other alternative therapies
- Methodological research and statistical data analysis of how to boost posts and gain social media reach and interaction
Writer & Event Promotions
ARNTRE - Artist & Trends (Electronic Music Blog & Clothing)
Reviewed club/music events and music producers/artists and created written content published on company website and blog. Applied writing and research skills to pre-write ups and detailed reviews on club and festival events, music producers, music releases, and event production. Assisted in event promotions through social media platforms.
Eggroll King (Restaurant)
As a multi-functional employee, I worked directly with the owner to ensure that the work environment was well organized, while asserting that any issues that did arise were handled immediately. Emphasized and provided professional, appropriate communication with both customers and employees and resolved any customer complaints or problems.
Electronic press kits created for artists/music producers represented by Arcane Talent Agency, including: Algo, Axel Boy, Blankface, BloodThinnerz, Krimer, MAZE, Pavarotti, Taurus Scott
QGR released the first installment of their new compilation series QGRC on June 10th, 2016. QGRC-001 lists nine tracks that feature a versatile collection of beats, trap, and future bass.
Written by Brandon Owen, CEO & Owner - White Rabbit Group, Inc.