Director, Bombardier Aerospace
- Worked with the Regional Legal Counsel team for Asia Pacific
- I was tasked with summarising contracts, making them brief and more easily understandable for those working within the commercial division in Dentsu
- Assisted the Legal team by updating their Clients Conflicts Matrix which contained all the non-compete clauses from contracts with Dentsu's clients.
- Created a visual infographic to familiarize individuals engaging into contracts with clients regarding the necessary procedure and steps that ought to be followed to ensure the contract followed guidelines set out by the legal team
- Here I was exposed to the commercial aspect of the law and I witnessed first-hand, how Company, Contract and Commercial Law was applied.
- My experience here exposed me to how the law is applied outside of a courtroom, within a corporation.
-My perspective on the law was broadened here as I observed how business needs had to be accommodated within a contract and how company policies and principles came into play.
- Worked under a senior lawyer and his team of associates in Singapore
- Dealt with Civil Litigation, Criminal Law, Family Law and Corporate Law.
- I was asked to help draft affidavits, and given a better understanding of how the administrative side of matters worked in a legal environment.
- Enhanced my familiarization of Singapore’s Rules of Court (equivalent to the CPR in the UK) through research. There were several instances where I was asked to conduct in depth research into specific Rules and how they could be applied.
- Had to submit a weekly report where I had to describe what I learnt and observed through the week, and how I had applied it.
- This internship gave me a better idea of what it is to work in specific areas of law namely – Civil Litigation, Corporate Law and Family Law through my court and meeting attendances with the associates at the firm.
- Shadowed under a barrister in Singapore
- Dealt with matters under Commercial Litigation, Corporate law and Intellectual Property Law
- Attended client meetings and was given the opportunity to work with a senior lawyer in drafting an affidavit for a case
- Conducted research for specific issues in the areas of Intellectual Property Law and Corporate Law
- Was given the opportunity to attend hearings in the Family Courts, Islamic Courts and the Supreme Court of Singapore and given a better understanding of the etiquette lawyers had to observe within courts.
- Allowed me to practically apply the legal research techniques I had been taught in University
- My internship here greatly enhanced my understanding of the Singaporean legal system and business culture.
- Improved my communication skills and legal research skills
- Began prior to my Foundation Law Course
- Gave me an understanding of what it is to be a lawyer in Singapore
- Helped set up and organise client meetings
- Handled basic administrative duties
Graduated with 2:1 overall
Subjects taken in my final year included Intellectual Property Law, Law & Economics, Medical Law, Violence Against Children in Cyberspace, Law & Social Justice
Graduated with 72% overall
Subjects covered included Politics, Contract Law, Tort Law, Legal Systems