Scientist, R&D-Application Technology
Novozymes South Asia Pvt. Ltd Bangalore, India.
Application Development of Industrial Enzymes in Food and Non-Food Sectors by leveraging enzyme molecules across different business units and selecting the best enzyme/s for specific applications
Overview of Work flow:
- Scouting of Potential Application Scope for Industrial Enzymes
- Scoping of Project with Various Stake Holders viz. Business operations, Technical Services, Regulatory, IP
- Bench Mark setting for different Gating systems with strategic steering committee
- Short listing of on shelf product based on the biochemical characeteristics
- Development of SOP for performance analysis of the enzyme simulating industrial conditions in the lab
- Screening of Enzymes and generation of lab scale trial data
- Getting input on Freedom to operate and sustainability
- Pilot scale/Large scale trial with selected enzymes
- Input giving to Protein Engineering or Formulation team for further improvement of the molecule/formulation based on the trial results
- Secure/Process IP on novel findings (Process and Product)
- Transfer Technology to Technical Services Team and BO after demonstration of successful Plant Trial
Designing of Lab Experiments on daily basis and leading Lab Team of four Research Associates, one Associate Scientist and Four Interns to generate data.
Handling various Carbohydrases, Proteases and Lipases for various goals viz. Biomass Hydrolysis by Cell Wall Degradation.
Analyzing the data statistically and Present to Internal and External Higher-Ups.
Scaling up of Lab technology to Plant Scale and formulating SOPs for Technology Transfer.
Leading Plant Scale Trials along with Technical Services People and Closing Mass balance in Customer/Partner’s place.
Liaisoning with Technical Services Team and Business Operation team for understanding challenges, formulating mitigation plan and alignment.
Present research work in scientific forum and International Conference.
Filed 3 nos of IPs on the Research outcomes.