Developer Relations Engineer
- Supports ~150 Commercial Vendors in all aspect of the partnership process, from prospective calls to determine integration feasibility to development consultations after.
- Supports those same vendors through the analysis, design, implementation, testing and post release activities. Routinely receive praise through my superiors from those partners.
- Designed and implemented a Partner Beta program, allowing Partners to access early cycle builds of our platform in order to ensure compatibility with future releases.
- Liaise between Business Development, Partners and Product Development to ensure all technical Partner concerns are addressed, bugs are triaged and issues discovered by Product Development are reported to Partners.
- Helped design and implement a paid services engagement for Partners that need more in-depth support. This has resulted in thousands in extra revenue.
- Presents at Developer's Conferences and User Groups globally,in person and virtually, including multiple Keynote addresses and workshops.
- Part of a team that designed regional Developer Conferences. The first took place in Dublin, Ireland in place of a developer day, and was widely hailed as "the best Developer Conference" they had attended. Rolling out this model to Singapore and Australia, and hope to move into North America soon.
- Contributes blogs, newsletters, tech tips and other written materials to promote Development topics, changes and goals.
- Co-Founder of TechBUG (Technologists Blackboard User Group) to support System Administrators, Developers, Campus IT and Instructional Designers to learn from Blackboard and from each other. Held monthly webinars with presenters from across Blackboard and the Client Community, as well as meetings in conjunctions with other events.
- Contributes to the overall development community through sample code and participation in open source projects through OSCELOT.org (Open Source Community for Educational Learning Objects and Tools). Currently a contributing developer to Bboogle, the open source project that integrates Blackboard Learn with Google Apps for Education, as well as a personal project to integrate LTI 2.0 into Blackboard.
- Subject Matter Expert in several IMS Global standards, including Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI), Learning Information Systems (LIS) and Common Cartridge.
- Part of a team working to define the next generation of APIs in the Blackboard Learn product.