Organization: Parametric Technology Corporation, Pune.
Experience: 4+ Years (Since 07th Jan 2008 till date) working as Functional Senior Engineer for Windchill.
About PTC (www.ptc.com) PTC provides discrete manufacturers with software and services to meet the globalization, time-to-market and operational efficiency objectives of product development. Using the company's PLM and CAD and related solutions, organizations in the Industrial, High-Tech, Aerospace/Defense, Automotive, Retail/Consumer and Life Sciences industries are able to support key business objectives such as reducing costs and shortening lead times while creating innovative products that meet customer needs and comply with industry regulations.
Project Details: Windchill PLM
Functional Area: Enterprise System Integration (ESI)
My Job Responsibilities and Role: - Working as Functional Senior Engineer for Windchill PDMLink -
Worked on Windchill 9.0, 9.1, 10.0 and new upcoming release 10.1. Well versed in many areas of Windchill like, PDMLink, ProjectLink, MPMLink, Enterprise System Integration (integrating PLM with ERP ) and Supplier Management & PartsLink --Classification and Reuse. Well versed with Software Development Life Cycle. Capable of contributing in the area of PLM Implementation as a functional consultant to understand the Customer requirement, doing Gap analysis study, harmonizing the process and providing a solution which follows the best industry practice.
1) Mainly looking Module Enterprise system integration (ESI).Data creation in Windchill (Create parts, bills of material-BOMs, documents associated to parts, and change notices- CNs, Process plans, including operations and sequences, Resources, including process materials, skills and tooling etc), integrations & publication from to ERP systems.
2) Conducting Business Process Study & Analysis to map design process in PLM, Providing inputs to Development.
3) Installation of Windchill and Tibco components on windows and Unix platform.
4) Windchill server configuration for the actual production server environment.
5) Data creation Create parts, bills of material-BOMs, documents associated to parts, and change notices- CNs, Process plans, including operations and sequences, Resources, including process materials, skills and tooling etc, integrations & publication from Windchill to ERP systems.
6) ERP Part cost, Date, Serial & Lot effectivity.
7) Also working on -
i. Product Structure Explorer (PSE) - Product structures are lists of the parts or materials used in an assembled object. In Windchill, a BOM is a report that you can generate from a product structure, typically using effectivity as a criterion.
ii. Windchill MPMLink - Windchill MPMLink supports Manufacturing Process Management (MPM) processes with an integral solution where product, process and resource data are all managed in a single system, without the need for data duplication. Creating Process Plan with operations , Resources & associate with BOM.
iii. Windchill Supplier Management (Suma) - Setting up and maintaining manufacturer and vendor data within Windchill PDMLink. In Windchill PDMLink, populating the database with manufacturer and vendor parts, and creating and updating Approved Manufacturer Part Lists (AMLs) and Approved Vendor Part Lists (AVLs).
iv. Change Management -Creating Change Request, Change notice with date & Serial effectively. Publish WTPart, BOM, Process Plan & Manufacturing Resources to ERPs with Change Notice Controlled Publish & Object Controlled Publish.
v. CAD Data management (ProE)
vii. PartsLink classification & Reuse
8) Working with product definition and development in the agile process, Playing Interface role between product definition, developers and QA.
9) Creation of Test Plan, Estimation , Execution of Test Cases, Bug Life Cycle , Test report Preparation, Test data preparation , Test case design .
10) Coordinating team members, training them on new product functionalities & Work planning and allocation of work to team members.
11) Attending CFT (Cross functional team) & RCT (Release critical team) meetings, for status reporting & new project requirement.