I have two years of experience interactive marketing, utilizing online communities and social networking sites. This has provided me with solid knowledge of online marketing strategies and tactics. I'm currently highly engaged in conversation monitoring and analysis for clients, as well as planning ways to help clients take part in the online conversation instead of merely spectating. I am also the executive editor of an NBA-focused blog, NBA Noise, which delivers analysis of NBA news from a fan's perspective.
Jul 2007 - Present
• Provide strategic counsel for operating in the online space, including responding to critical issues and how to take part in the conversation
• Assist in interactive account management activities, ranging from online conversation research to blogger engagement
• Keep clients informed by monitoring online conversation, and providing necessary recommendations
• Develop interactive (online) marketing programs to promote brands within social media channels, and provide stakeholders with more opportunities for interaction with the brand
Clients I've worked for:
May 2007 - Present
I'm the editor of NBA Noise, a professional basketball blog written from the fan's perspective. We've created a credible blog where fans can find NBA news, analysis and punditry regarding the pertinent current issues in the league.
I attended the 2008 Maui Invitational basketball tournament on behalf of NBA Noise to provide analysis on upcoming pro prospects.
In 2009, NBA Noise was picked up by MVN.com, one of the leading independent sportswriters networks. Articles published on NBA Noise are commonly featured on the main NBA page within the network.
Apr 2007 - Jun 2007
Community Relations Intern
• Compiled daily press coverage of the Blazers and distribute throughout the organization • Produced PR value reports to asses the impact of Blazers related press coverage • Created electronic archival system for storing news coverage • Assisted with Brandon Roy rookie of the year press conference • Assisted with 1977 Championship celebration
Aug 2006 - Jun 2007
• Executed AXE body spray promotions in optimal campus areas • Created events to incorporate the AXE branding message • Managed provided budgets and supervised event assistants • Pitched event ideas to local venues • Created promotional materials and advertisements • Pitched stories to campus newspaper which resulted in coverage
Sep 2005 - Sep 2006
Student Orientation Staff Director
• Assisted in recruiting, interviewing and hiring complete orientation staff • Supervised a staff of 16 students • Served as a host/resource for all parents attending orientation with their student • Assisted incoming students and their families over the phone • Organized programming within orientation • Conducted general office/administrative responsibilities
Apr 2004 - Sep 2005
University of Oregon Ambassador
• Contacted prospective students via phone to answer any questions or concerns they may have about the University of Oregon • Administered campus tours for prospective students and guests
2002 - 2007
University of Oregon: School of Journalism and Communication Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations with a Communication Studies minor Graduated: Winter 2007 GPA: 3.24