- Analyzed and researched fashion trends.
- Obtained and reviewed samples of new textile products through attending trade shows or visiting manufacturers.
- Selected textiles including fabrics, fasteners and other materials.
- Sketched or drafted apparel designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Created patterns for technical designers to work from.
- Presented concepts to director and team.
- Developed prototypes for fittings and adjustments.
- Continuously developed new materials and techniques.
- Interpret trends through design and development.