May 2001 - Aug 2002
FeeDisclosure / LowerFees LLC
Start up Software and Technology Solutions Company that develops strategic, web-based Professional Services Real Estate and Mortgage application in LAMP to help industry professionals to conduct business in an open market place. Key products included the FeeDisclosure Reports, Fee Analyzer, Quick Quote, FD Social and real time analysis of US / State closing cost averages. The company was acquired by Bankrate.com.
Chief Information Officer April 2005 – Present
- Hired to improve quality, directed Operations and Information Technology for 40 person organization including Software Development, Technical Support, Internet/Intranet, ASP hosting and Voice/Data Communications.
- Interfaced with Product Management, Marketing, QA, and Sales to align strategies, enhance development processes, and improve functionality of products.
- Developed testing plans, analysis scenarios and schedules. Directed engagements to manage client expectations for software development and application integration.
- Forged third party vendor and partner relationships for purchasing, leasing and services. Managed up to 8 direct reports and over 20 indirect staff members, reporting to the President and Chief Operating Officer.
·Managed a 15-person team to build a hardware/software/network/security infrastructure, with full backup and disaster recovery, to support a web based business expecting more than a million hits per day, , running on FreeBsd, Linux, Windows/NT/2000, and MYSQL.
·Directed the development of a fully web-based PHP/MYSQL Professional Services Business application, using change management processes to produce repeatable results throughout the PLC.
·Converted Intel-based Microsoft/IIS web application suite to platform independence using MYSQL / PHP running alternatively on FREEBSD or LINUX.
·Built and managed the Professional Services organization including: Consultants, Trainers, custom development, integration, and the help desk.
·Led efforts to transition the company from “Buy Everything” purchasing model to Leasing, which reduced cash outflow by over 25% per quarter.
·Renegotiated contracts and service agreements with long distance, local and cell phone carriers, which improved level of service while reducing annual expenses by over $250,000.
·Initiated implementation of IP-based Video Conferencing that improved communications between bi-coastal development teams while eliminating unnecessary travel expenses.
·FeeDisclosure / LowerFees LLC were featured on CNBC and the New York times.
Verizon, Inc., New York, New York
$7 billion global telephony company that develops innovative products and services to help consumers manage their telephony and broadband needs, key functions ordering, billing systems merger.
Project manager / Solutions ArchitectJuly 2000 – March 2005
- Direct development, implementation and management of hardware and software technology for over 30 locations.
- Oversaw infrastructure development, corporate data center operations, systems integration, and technology migration.
- Performed strategic technology planning, business process improvement, program management and vendor relationship management. Evaluated Information
- Technology requirements and recommended solutions across multiple computing environments.
·Created and executed strategic technical plans to implement $100 million in multi-platform systems, hardware equipment and software applications utilized by the largest GDPI business unit.
·Designed and managed the infrastructure and operations of Corporate Data Center, including mainframes, PCs, LAN/WAN, Network control, Storage, Security, and Operating Systems (LINUX, FREEBSD, UNIX, and WINDOWS/NT/2000).
·Performed Business Process Reengineering at many organizations in the US, Europe. Built strong vendor relationships.
·Developed migration programs to standardize conversion from loose control to automated software release procedures, which decreased errors found in the field by over 50%.
·Established standardized process to streamline development, testing, approval and release of Application and Operating Systems software for over 40 remote locations.
·Led the Software Configuration Management Group using CHANGEMAN in support of 10,000 core payroll programs (20 million lines of COBOL/Assembler code) and 16,000 custom applications.
Project manager / Systems ArchitectMarch 1996 – June 2000
·Helped initiate business requirements and facilitated JAD sessions.
·Analyzed the functional specifications and user requirements for Telecom ERP implementations. Worked with clients, vendors, and outside consultants. Involved in architecture and design of ordering and billing applications. Interacted with business processes and key stakeholders.
·Worked on several concurrent client engagements, as part of a multi-disciplinary team, to analyze client web environment, web logs, and transaction database, so as to optimize measurability of online visitor behavior, and thus better understand web site visitor behavior.
·Worked with clients on technical planning and implementation of applications in complex environments. Made recommendations on two-tier versus three-tier client server implementations.
Project managerJune 1992 – February 1996
- Developed and executed the conversion plan from conception through go-live which included:
- PeopleSoft Upgrade for?HR, Payroll, Benefits.
- Database conversion to Unicode in preparation for bringing in international employees.
- Worked on Time Admin process (T&L).
- Worked on Rules cases (T&L).
- Worked extensively on the upgrade Application Engine scripts.
Seeking executive position where highly effective technology management experience will add to profitability. Self-motivated leader and results-driven in company operations, all aspects of information technology, with business background and Software development processes.
Possess an in-depth understanding of emerging technologies. Pioneer in Web 2.0 development strategies, including social environments, Voip and Mobile integration. Seeking a position in a dynamic environment with extensive experience developing, managing, and analyzing infrastructures with NT, Sun Solaris, PHP/MYSQL, JDE, VPN, TCP/IP, e-business, EDI, IP telephony designs, software development, and customer-service solutions.
Responsible for P/Ls, multimillion-dollar network deployments and product launches, budgets, policies, business analyst, risk assessment, auditing, cross-functional operations, and domestic, global, and tactical planning. Seasoned professional with many years of senior management planning, business operations globally, international and domestic experience.
Golf, Music, Outdoors, Travel and Reading.