PROJECT : BSocial - Centre of Excellence, Tech. Office
Period : Nov 2012– Feb 2013.
Project Type : Accelerator – eclipse plugin and web portal to manage the
Hadoop development and jobs.
Environment : Apache Hadoop, Mahout, Eclipse Plugin, Unix script,
Spring MVC, Java, openNLP, Spring MVC.
Role : Tech Lead, Developer, Data Analyst.
• Tech Lead activity to design and implement the product from scratch.
• Developed a crawler for social networking website like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and You tube for a brand or product of brand.
• Programmed map reduce programs to implement sentiment analysis, brand awareness, competitive analysis.
• Display Social Metrics for a brand like Brand Awareness, Sentiment Analysis, Top 5 brand, Bottom 5 brand, Social media growth etc. from data pulled from Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Google Plus.
• Each metric drilled into age wise, location wise, sex wise for more refined analysis.
• These metric can help a brand to get insights of what is talked about of their brand which they can analyze and help to improve their service or product and get more business.
• To do POCs in upcoming technologies like Big Data, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, R, Mahout, MongoDB, Sqoop, D3, jquery technologies.
• Work on some good use cases for different domain data that are facing technical challenges related to big data or any integrating one framework with another.
• Social Metrics for a brand like Brand Awareness, Sentiment Analysis, Top 5 brand, Bottom 5 brand, etc and detailed data filtered with age, location, sex etc.
• Sentiment Analysis using openNLP and Lingpipe.
• Exposure to Big Data technologies like MongoDB and Hadoop and Creating a MapReduce functions.
• Fetching data from social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and You Tube.
• Creating and monitoring jobs for fetching data.