Senior IT Manager
Tata Consultancy Services
My role has involved:
- Managing relationships with the view of improving organization and team relationships with the customer IT and business teams.
- Advising the customer in defining an IT strategy. Conceptualizing and architecting the solution strategy as well as identifying the associated benefits. Examples include solution study for Creditor roadmap definition, process automation via BPM Lombardi for complex commercial lines renewal process, global instabnce of property survey management solution via use of MS-Dynamics.
- Defining and managing service delivery, engagement models and IT contracts.
- Managing different IT portfolios including E-Commerce, mobility, RAC and core insurance platforms across multiple business linesand being responsible for all IT delivery in my portfolio
- Managing demand projections and its supply in close conjunction with Aviva business and IT
- Managing multiple projects in IT for Commercial and Creditor insurance business
- Overall responsibility for the solutioning and delivery of multiple projects in various methodologies like agile, waterfall, nimble including:
- setting up new commercial products and risks for insurance
- setting up claims for a new income protection product on the Creditor insurance system
- migrating an accident management system in motoring business from legacy to a tactical solution
- delivery of a new solution to meet FSAs new employer's liability insurance regulations
- Pivotal in securing and managing setup of a lucrative £100 million, 3 year contract for application development and maintenance with a large UK insurer.
- Designed an operational delivery process for IT change including a roadmap for embedding modern software engineering practices.
- Led an IT portfolio of over £5 million p.a., driving strategy and operations to enable high quality change and run service delivery across e-commerce, mobility and core insurance policy and claims platforms
- Jointly initiated with business head ofs in Commercial lines monthly demand and supply forums including a simplified process for shirt-sizing of business requirements which helped improve accuracy of demand projection by over 25%
- Initiated, planned and executed several systems thinking projects in 2011-12 bringing in a total benefit of over a million pounds of operational savings for Aviva’s Commercial line of business
- Orchestrated the transformation of IT services from application-based siloed to a service-based integrated model.
- Executed a successful inception phase along with the business and another vendor for scoping and planning using distributed agile methodology for Guidewire PolicyCenter implementation to migrate a general insurance product.
- Conceptualised an “end-state” Centre of Excellence model for Guidewire implementation, upgrades and production support across Aviva globally.