Savvy hands-onTechnical Director with over 15+ years of proven track record of successful, on-time, and on-budget implementations of information technology, software development, and business process reengineering related projects/programs in US, ASIA, Europe for Fortune 100 ($5B+) such as Yahoo!, eBay, and Oracle, and startups. Broad-based experience in the area of Financials, Manufacturing (Order Management, Procurement, Inventory Management), Human Resource (HR & HRMS), and Customer Service Management (CRM) and data warehousing.
- Team Leadership: Organizes and leads global and cross functional teams to effectively deliver projects successfully. Extensive experience in leading business analyst, program/project management, product management, multiple engineering groups, architects, quality assurance, DBAs, IT, customer support and consultants. Managed budget of $14M, and lead up to 70+ resources on projects.
- Visionary and strategic thinker: Combines business acumen and technology expertise to achieve innovative yet cost-effective process and product solutions globally that are aligned with company goals.
- Strategic and Operational Initiatives: Collaborates with top executives and business units to develop business strategies and implement them for competitive positioning and long-term result. Known for "big picture" perspective and ability to align teams across organization with company’s strategies, drive results & ensure delighted customers
- Organization Effectiveness and Change: Develops enterprise-wide initiatives for complex and large-scale change to improve existing business processes and workflows, resulting in increase in productivity, improvement in organization’s efficiency and effectiveness, and reduction in cost. Team player and consensus builder.
- Communication: Executes effective communication strategy and plan to ensure clear delivery of organizational and operational updates and key messages to all level of organization, vendors and customers.
- Structured Methodology: Follows established structured methodology to streamline enterprise-wide processes to reduce overall time-to-market, improve productivity and efficiency. (i.e. Agile, Scrum, XP, Six Sigma, and ITIL)
Leadership & Strategic Planning / Program, Project, and Portfolio Management
Software Design, Development and Deployment / Enterprise Application Integration
Business Process Management / Metrics and Analytics / IT Governance
Database & Data warehouse Management / Customer Management / Vendor Management
- Established IT Capex/Opex budget and roadmap planning processes. Coordinated approval of information technology roadmap and $100M budget in support of Yahoo! corporate initiatives by collaborating with top executives in US, Europe, and Asia in IT, Finance and engineering organizations.
- Ensured 100% alignment of IT projects with company objectives by introducing “Global IT Decision Making Process” using business case management practices to quantify benefits for program initiatives. This process resulted in predictable project delivery, project transparency, empowered team, ensured accountability and most importantly delighted customer. Ensured IT is BCP and SOX compliant by establishing related programs.
- Increased productivity, improved efficiency, increased security and customer satisfaction by deploying global IT Infrastructure programs/projects such as Collaboration, PC Order & Policy, Zimbra, Safeboot, Wifi 2.0, Service desk optimization, MAC Support & Management, Unix Desktop Backup and virtualization, Encase, and Symantec endpoint protection. Established IT PMO Service Level Agreements, and monitored them actively.
- Led 72-person Global Termination Program across HR, Finance, Benefits, Stock, Legal, Facilities, IT, and Operations teams increasing efficiency by 75% by building a Portal to automate complex global termination and leaver’s asset management processes. Provided metrics dashboard to track the progress per organization.
- Reduced travel cost by 15% and increased Yahoos productivity globally by establishing “Awareness Program” that improved team collaboration and communication and increased usage of collaboration tools.
- Improved PMO processes by introducing new best practices and tools to better initiate, plan, and control projects.
- Managed relationship with top vendors in the area of outsourcing, communication and collaboration.
Process Engineering Manager
Led process improvement initiatives across product marketing, product management, project management, engineering groups, architects, release management, quality assurance, and operation teams. Gained buy-in and commitment from executives and stakeholders for implementing process improvement initiatives. Utilized Agile and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Streamlined PDLC related documents by 40% by simplifying the existing documents. Increased the “Engineering Requirement Document” (ERD) approval rate to 100% by streamlining this document and related processes.
- Improved productivity 80% by automating collection and approval of requirements using “ERD Checklist”.
- Directed QA Test Environment initiative which improved code quality by 50% in 3 quarters.
- Piloted Agile development and Unit Testing at eBay decreasing project bug count by 64%.
- Established accountability by ensuring clear role and responsibility per organization, and defined ownership for project deliverables. Published PDLC best practices across organizations.
- Led 40-person Release Process Improvement program across Development and Operations reducing eBay’s production software deployments from 5 days to under 2.
- Championed global adoption of SharePoint system and integrated it with Enterprise Portfolio System (Tracker) to provide central repository for group and project/program related information. Improved efficiency of program/project management, team collaboration and document management.
- Provided analytical & metric reports to measure PDLC processes against SLAs & improved them accordingly.
- Improved data efficiency 100% by automating maintenance of eBay site data by creating “Feature Comp” Portal.
- Supported $11 billion in annualized transaction data, increased efficiencies 20%, drove cost savings and better decision-making to over 1600 Hospitals and suppliers by leading roll-out of Data Management System.
- Achieved 100% of committed deliverables on target for web-based Healthcare Supply Chain Solution for Novation that contributed to $102M in revenue. Received “Excellent Achievement Award”.
- Key contributor in defining, planning and sizing the roadmap. Established process and infrastructure for Rapid Application Development internally, outsourced, and jointly with customers.
- Led integration of Order Management solution to People Soft and Lawson.
- Implemented cX, a pull-based replenishment product.
- Introduced 3-year product strategy, technology plan and partnership plan. Established vendor relationships.
- Delivered the XML-Based B2B ERP solutions to major accounts including Cisco, Active, Sun and Juniper.
- Successfully designed and developed Oracle MRO and Oracle Depot Repair by customizing and integrating Oracle modules. (HR, PO, OE, OM, OC, WIP, BOM, INV, CRM service, contract, call center, customer care)
- Implemented Oracle Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) through complex customization and integration of Oracle Financials (GL, AP, AR, HR, PO, Inv), Gemms, ESS (IMI), Empac (TSW), Manugistics.
- Architect, designed and developed 3 products & teams from scratch for USI.
- Provided software support to the Stellar and Ultrapro MLS Systems.