Social Media, Hiking, Movies, Fishing
By using my social media knowledge and past work experience, I look forward to teaming up with a company and together creating awareness of their products, content and brand.
May 2009 - Present
- Customized Facebook fan page for book publishers and authors. Facebook fan pages can include chapter downloads, e-commerce, video and more
- Train authors and publishers on social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Linkedin etc.) on how to post, upload, and best practice methods when engaging with their followers
- Market Research using SEO resource tools
- Customized YouTube and Twitter backgrounds
- FBML Certification and basic HTML knowledge
- Customize author website landing pages. View a live page by going to Travis Cottrell: Surprised by Worship
- Develop author iPhone app. View a live app by going to iPhone App - Travis Cottrell
- Knowledge and understanding of the social media universe and tools like Hootsuite, replyz.com, foursquare, digg, bit.ly, goo.gl, social mention, klout, oneforty, trstme, flickr
- Knowledge of Google CPC and reporting
- Knowledge of Facebook insights and CPC reporting
- Basic SEO knowledge using Google Webmaster tools, Google Places, Google Analytics, Website grader, SEO Moz
Aug 2007 - Aug 2010
Director of Data Services
- Database client services to several top Fortune 1,000 companies including NASDAQ, NYSE Euornext, American Express, Deloitte, KPMG and many more
- Maintained a database team of 10 who were responsible for updating 53,000 director and officers, who sat on the boards of more than 6,000 publicly traded companies. Our team averaged 16,000 field changes a week with a .99% quality score
- Weekly database presentations to prospective clients and drafted up all proposal and collateral materials
- Monthly audit reporting for existing clients
- Monthly database training for clients
- Understanding of Corporate Governance terms, proxy statements, board committee seats
Mar 2005 - Aug 2007
Manager, IPS Client Services
- Managed the integration for Ingram’s start up division Ingram Publisher Services. This involved integrating publishing companies into Ingram’s infrastructure as it related to distribution, accounting, sales, marketing, customer service and inventory
- Assisted in the development of a client integration timeline by strategizing with 15 department executives and managers
- Worked with VP of Sales and Director of Business Development in finalizing the Class of Trade discounts for publishers
- Worked with Business Analysts in the design of a publisher CRM
- Integrated 55 publishers ranging in size from $100k to $40M – often integrating 5-7 publishers at one time
- Worked with Client Managers on developing forms and procedures to fully uncover all publisher issues, concerns, and needs ensuring a smooth transition between the publisher former distributor and IPS
- Developed a process for testing and training clients needing electronic systems – including Acumen and FTP set-up – support
Mar 2002 - Mar 2005
Manager, Sales Support
- Managed Integrity’s customer service and distribution while being the main point of contact with their third party fulfillment center. Integrity Publishers was a start up publisher.
- Developed a sales pub date timeline for all new releases to ensure all key clients such as Amazon.com, AWBC, Barnes & Noble, Borders etc. were notified well in advance with galleys, title cards and other collateral materials
- Worked with third party fulfillment center in the development of special instruction needs for clients and a shipping tracking method
- Developed a process with the production team that would enable key clients to have finished product well in advance of Integrity’s warehouse arrival date
Jun 1999 - Jan 2002
Director of Operations
Word Entertainment Canada
- Oversaw Word Entertainment’s two distribution centers in Delta, BC and Toronto, ON. Was responsible for all customer service for 5 customer service reps, 2000+ clients such as Hallmark, Coles, Chapters, Costco, Wal-Mart, Sears, and smaller independent retailers
- Managed a team of 20 warehouse employees and increased shipping turnaround time for key clients from 48 – 24 hours by implementing extra shifts, 4 day work weeks, and hiring part-time employees
- Set up a small warehouse with staff in Ontario. This allowed us to save $72k a year in shipping from our USA distributor. Shipments from the USA now came directly from Tennessee to Ontario instead of Tennessee to British Columbia. Not only did this save on inbound freight but also saved time as this allowed us to ship to our Eastern Clients right from our Ontario warehouse
- Successfully organized and managed the logistics, transportation and customer service of Word Entertainment’s new Gift inventory product line from Ontario to British Columbia
iPhone app I created using Mobile Roadie. I created all images, feeds for social media, link for audiobook, customized icon, embedded video and provided all links.
Facebook band page. Includes, embedded video, Cooliris gallery, audio song. This page has 3-tabs.
Author messages on Facebook in an audio format.
"Year of Our Lord" Facebook fan page for Mockingbird Publishing. Book is endorsed by Morgan Freeman and John Grisham. Chapter 1 is available for download. All customized tabs are hyper-linked
Website landing page for "Surprised by Worship." Includes, video, chapter 1 audiobook, social media widgets, rotating images.
Customized Twitter background for author John Sheasby.