Seeking an opportunity to contribute over 15 years of event management experience to an organization interested in enhancing the lives of their employees and clients through meaningful and impactful events and connections. My ideal match includes a company looking for a highly organized, self starter with excellent communication skills and a passion for bringing a creative perspective to the team.
Oct 2013 - Present
Manager, Business Development
- Implement strategic practices to attract new clients and enhance current client relationships.
- Act as Client Liaison to facilitate clear and timely communication between the client and project managers.
- Suggest and implement organizational systems to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the company
- Created a streamlined process for client experience from beginning to end including ebrochure, intake survey, initial meeting, client gifts, close out walk through and exit survey.
- Implemented a new structure for invoicing and billing.
- Implemented and electronic filing system
Skills Used : Strategic planning, Negotiating , Communication , Networking, QuickBooks, Administration
Feb 2010 - Oct 2013
Manage all aspects of events planning from conception to completion including managing vendor relationships, floor plans/ layouts, timeline production, billing and budgets, negotiating contracts, and working with clients on creative solutions to for a dynamic event at or under budget.
Oct 2010 - Feb 2011
Community Service Specialist
- Planed and executed resident activities and community events such as movies, residentmeetings, outdoor parties, celebrations, craft and hobby groups, and other adult education/recreation activities.
- Worked closely with residents to discover community needs and developed programs based on their feedback.
- Managed all aspects of resident events at Waikulu Community Center. Scheduling, contracts, deposits and creating electronic access keys.
- Proposed a creative solution and executed a transition of the Community Center scheduling method from paper & pencil method to a custom designed Outlook Calendar. This enabled consistent data tracking, information to be accessed by multiple employees, and the ability to email residents to confirm details of their event.
- Engaged cross-functionally with several different departments to create the quarterly resident newsletter and monthly employee newsletter.
Sep 2002 - Dec 2009
Sr. Training and Event Coordinator
- Managed and produced outstanding corporate wide events for groups of 80-1800ppl such as golf tournaments, holiday dinners, family picnics, new hire boot camps and executive retreats with budgets ranging from $6,000-$300,000 per event. Including travel and accommodations for groups of up to 150.
- Thorough knowledge of industry trends sustained by attending local association meetings and cultivating relationships with vendors both in person as well as through social networking sites.
- Mastered all aspects of heavy corporate event planning schedule (over 400 events per year) including coordination of instructors, travel, volunteer scheduling, flyers, registrations, venue contracts, menu selection, AV set up, invoicing and budget tracking and contract negotiations.
- Re-energized, redesigned and facilitated a 6 hour training task force committee meeting of over 60 executives and senior staff members to be more interactive and impactful to create a more dynamic schedule of training for employees.(Employee reviews of this meeting can be found in the right hand column of this resume under "Meeting Feedback")
- Coordinated reproduction and distribution of materials for over 20 classes per month in four regional offices.
- Developed a custom Access database to track employee training records and create custom reports.
- Created and implemented Outlook Training and Event Calendar accessible to the entire company increasing awareness of available training as well as attendance
- Maintained internal web page for the training department.
- Created and taught two very well received, customized, hands-on, 3 hour Microsoft Outlook workshops which increased employee efficiency and understanding of how to immediately implement the program specific to each employees job role.
- Supervised the position of Training Coordinator.
Oct 2000 - Sep 2002
Training Specialist-Custom Deployment
- Managed logistical delivery of customized training events for Oracle University, including preparation of materials, billing, and registration.
- Designed and implemented multiple spreadsheets and merge documents to maximize communication between team members as well as customers.
- Shaved over 9 hours of preparation time per class by streamlining procedures as well as utilizing online services previously unexplored by the department.
Nov 1999 - Jun 2000
Teacher (6/7th Math and Science)
- Established a creative learning environment and a consistent schedule for junior high students who had a rocky start to their school year. (Upon my arrival in November, my class had cycled through 4 teachers and over 12 substitutes)
- Planned and taught dynamic math and science lessons. Organized all aspects of a field trip to Space Camp California for 70 students; including designing permission slips, handling all money, deposits plus coordinating transportation through the school district.
- Scheduled parent meetings at student homes in the evening to discuss student's progress
Mar 1998 - Oct 1999
Meeting Planning Associates
- Designed and implemented databases used for planning conventions and seminars.
- Responsible for generating daily and weekly reports for clients.
- Managed registration at international conferences including training temporary staff.
- Provided exceptional client service and performed all general administrative duties.
Mar 1997 - Mar 1998
Office Manager/Patient Appointment Coordinator
Dr. Richard E. Ridgley, DDS
- Successfully managed front office of busy orthodontist office. Coordinated multiple tasks including scheduling over 70 patient appointments per day, arranging doctor meetings, scanning and making copies of x-rays, consulting with insurance companies.
- Implemented a building-wide paper recycling program.
- Redesigned multiple office procedures to be more efficient.
- Trained staff on various computer programs (Orthotrac Office and Housecalls System).
Oct 1996 - Feb 1997
Space Camp Instructor
- Organized, trained and motivated camp attendees (both youth and adult markets) in rocket propulsion, space and aviation history, space shuttle operations and space technology.
- Facilitated special events such as Corporate Camps and Teachers Nights.
- Operated and instructed motion simulators.
May 1994 - Aug 1994
Convention Services Intern
- Assisted in the detailed planning of corporate conventions and meetings. Created and implemented an employee training program.
- Redesigned and improved layouts of forms used by the Convention Services
- Manager and Executive Chef to create more clarity and improved communication.
Aug 1999 - May 2000
Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
San Jose State University
Aug 1993 - May 1996
Human Environmental Sciences
University of Alabama
- Deans List
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Crew Team
"It is my pleasure to work with Shereen Shariq. As a consultant, trainer and business coach, I have served the company where she has been employed. Shereen has been in charge of setting up my Leadership Training Program which involves 60 sessions in 6 locations every time we run the program. She was proactive in engaging my coaching services for professional and personal development as well as taking the Leadership Program. Having had the experience of working with many companies, I have found Shereen to be an exceptional professional. I have been so impressed with her abilities that I have also hired her to work for my company as a contractor.
Shereen has demonstrated a high level of technical, logistical, interpersonal and creative skills at Rudolph & Sletten, Inc. She had the responsibility to create all aspects of events involving hundreds of people. She has worked well with diverse groups of individuals operating on all levels of the organization. Much of my input about Shereen has come from a wide range of employees from top management to administrators who have interfaced with her. She has a reputation for exuding warm, enthusiastic confidence with a clear, assertive communication style. She is considered to be both logical and intuitive and connects interpersonally with caring, interest, intelligence and humor. She is known for being well organized and for working well in multifaceted, chaotic situations. She sees the big picture, understanding the systems and structures of organizational life and is attentive to details. She is focused and consistent in her work ethic.
I have found Shereen to be grounded, heartfelt, enthusiastic and expansive in her quest to build a purposeful future of service.
Marilyn Morris, M.Ed., Marilyn Morris & Associates, Inc.
“We needed Shereen's awesome talents to have her organize a project completion event for my team. The team certainly deserved a reward, and with Shereen's research, connections, and understanding of my team's needs, not only was the venue selection process stress-free, the entire event was fabulous and enjoyable. Shereen has impeccable taste and an elegant style, and that was reflected in her recommendations for dining, entertainment, lodging, and transportation - all the choices were perfect - and the event remained well within the budget. I would highly recommend Shereen's event planning services for everything from a luncheon to a formal affair. A customer-service-oriented approach and attention to detail are a large part of Shereen's success.”
Julie Dobyns, Sr. Project Manager, Rudolph & Sletten, Inc
“As a member of the R&S Training Committee I have had the opportunity to work closely with Shereen many times. She has always maintained the highest degree of professionalism and adroitness in managing the company's training events as well as other events, despite any last minute issues that arise. I would wholeheartedly recommend Shereen for managing any training program”
Craig Jamison, Sr. Project Manager, Rudolph & Sletten, Inc
“Shereen has a passion for whatever she does. Her attention to customer care and detail is amazing. Her organization skills are valuable and she is a great team player. She is customer friendly, outgoing and professional in everything that she does. Shereen goes the extra mile without urging. She is an asset to any organization I would hire Shereen if I were in a position to do so.” November 18, 2009
Bella Fatalevich, Sr Project/Product Manager , Rudolph & Sletten, Inc
“She is driven, hardworking; her work produced very good results. She is also very creative and would be an asset to any company as an employee or those who choose to hire her services through her own business.”
Linda Rasho, Administrative Assistant, Rudolph & Sletten, Inc
Communication & Negotiation
Professional Wedding Consultant
ACPWC-Association of Certified Wedding Consultants
Football (College and NFL)