- Volunteer reader for Washington Ear - reading service for blind and print-handicapped
- Singer - community and professional choruses
- Actor - community and professional companies
A marketing communications professional applying unlimited thinking to the design and execution of measurable brand building campaigns for government, financial services, packaged goods and retail.
A superior collaborative problem solver combining a knowledge of communications vehicles with subject matter expertise to produce stronger brands positioned to capture mind and market share.
A creative contributor determined to add value to the customer experience and exceed customer expectations.
View my LinkedIn Profile at http://www.linkedin.com/in/sheldonreiffenstein
Mar 2009 - Present
Senior Marketing Communications Strategist
Ready to lead marketing communications programs and hit the ground running as a full time team member or as a contracted consultant.
My comprehensive knowledge of communications vehicles from traditional advertising to social media provides me the skills to assess the most effective methods of reaching a specific audience.
Ability to quickly learn and understand issues, objectives and strategies means taking immediate command of brand building opportunities.
Key differentiating factors:
- Results Focus
- Effective Problem Solving
- Exceeding Customer Expectations
Deep knowledge and understanding of the energy/"green" industry.
Feb 2006 - Feb 2009
MAYA Advertising and Communications
- Directed Navy Energy Program - internal communications and public relations - consistently achieving the largest percentage (30%) of energy award honors every year; educated Navy personnel on energy efficieny so that Navy saves approximately $400 million annually in energy costs; honored Navy achievement annually with the highly regarded and sought after Secretary of the Navy Energy Program Awards; and obtained over 2 million impressions in online media.
- Earned new business for the agency resulting in over $500,000 in additional billings with Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Census Bureau, DC Water and Sewer Authority.
- Acted as spokesperson for the agency at the Greater DC Board of Trade and ensured role as featured presenter at the BoT Hispanic Marketing Forum.
May 2002 - Aug 2005
More Than Words
- Provided corporate gift services to enhance branding for clients such as major hotels - Adams Mark, Casa Monica, Renaissance, Sheraton Orlando - plus World Golf Village, Lee Hecht Harrison, real estate companies.
- Created artwork for a line of St. Augustine signature stemware.
- Gained education and understanding of retail marketplace and how to move quickly to solve customer needs effectively and maintain strong customer satisfaction ratings.
Nov 1994 - May 2002
Chief Marketing Officer
On Track Training and Development
- Developed direct mail campaigns that earned business growth averaging 10 percent annually.
- Produced facilitator guides for experiential learning programs teaching sales and teamwork skills.
- Created a customer service training program titled “Who Killed the Customer?”
- Earned business with companies such as Perrier, Accenture, Alaska Airlines and Coca Cola.
Sep 1990 - Jul 1993
- Developed marketing communications for deposit and lending products.
- Produced annual managers' conference.
- Wrote and delivered Sales Skills training program.
- Produced new branch opening package.