Sheila Chadman | Associate Researcher in Oil Functionality Lab
- Demonstrated competitive technical advantages of Plenish™ high oleic soy oils over leading incumbent fryer oils by performing oil degradation analysis. Implemented AOCS standard methods for testing primary and secondary oxidation, free fatty acids, methylation of fatty acids, color change, cloud point, cold test, viscosity, percent fat and moisture measurements in seed, food, and oil.
- Harvested embryos and seeds for model systems, created burner samples of ground seeds for nitrogen measurements, and performed extractions of plant products for analysis to be used in SSNIR analysis.
- Trained contractors and interns in standard laboratory tasks, coordinated workload with co-workers, collaborated with senior researchers, maintained data in a LIMS database and electronic lab notebook.
- Often created samples and visual aids, including photographic, olfactory and viscosity demonstrations, for biweekly communication with management.
- Contributed to a proactive safety environment by revising SOPs, conducting hazard reviews and auditing labs for compliance to world class safety standards.
- Additional responsibilities as training for Ergonomic Auditing Officer and technical resource for utilizing Spotfire data visualization software.
- Transitioned into a full time position after initial acceptance of a 10-month contract and several contract renewals.