Pharmacist In Charge
JAT Pharmacy, LLC
Supervisor: Stefan Lindberg (952-567-6263)
The pharmacy operates under a closed door veterinary product mail order business model with the objective of dispensing non-compounded medications directly to customers via a valid Veterinarian-Client-Patient-Relationship. At any given time, a team of up to 12 pharmacists, technicians, and ancillary staff are being managed.
Excellent data management skills
Maintain data-sets in excess of 500,000 data points. Perform data analysis in Excel via formulas as well as table and chart functions to extrapolate information to influence business decisions such as:
- Forecasting personnel needs using FTE analysis.
- Identifying points of improvement by drilling down on specific pharmacy programs to visualize gains/losses.
- Identified a program that was showing losses and recommended improvement plan to adjust charges to improve margin.
- Identifying national trends by drilling down on data specific to state and regional locations and recommending target campaign for items commonly shipped to locations.
- Completing depreciation model on potential capital equipment purchases to visualize ROI as compared to current manual processes.
- Identified time needed to recoup costs on particular machine based on manual labor rates and hours.
- Utilizing histograms and Incremental Cost Effectiveness Ratio (ICER) analysis tools to identify optimal order value for insurance contracts.
- Conducting error rate analysis to identify inefficiencies in workflow and ultimately devising plans of action to rectify these inefficiencies.
Further develop Microsoft Excel skills by creating and maintaining spreadsheets from user generated reports that allow for improved data analysis and metrics management skills.
Experience with Policy and Procedure Processes
Develop and maintain Policy & Procedure Manual used to obtain Vet-VIPPS accreditation (Sample in Portfolio Section). Hone organizational and Microsoft Office Suite skills by creating and maintaining an intensive Policy & Procedure Manual for licensing and accreditation standards. Enhance Adobe Acrobat skills by converting both digital and paper documents into digital PDF files, many of which are further altered into forms to be digitally filled out, allowing for better documentation and data organization.
Extensive knowledge of state and federal pharmacy regulations
Ensure compliance by managing pharmacy licenses for forty-six states as well as personal pharmacist licenses for sixteen states. Obtained original license for pharmacy in order to begin operations. Develop and maintain Policy & Procedure to be in compliance with Federal and State pharmacy regulations including anti-kickback and Stark laws.
Experience with Quality Assurance/Improvement techniques
Utilize SBAR (Situation-Background-Assessment-Recommendation) and Root-Cause error analysis tools in order to address errors in a non-punitive system-based manner. Familiar with Fish-Bone and SWOT (Strengths-Weaknesses-Opportunities-Threats) quality improvement tools to improve working environment as well as workflow. Utilize creative thinking skills to solve workflow and efficiency issues as well as to develop future projects such as bar-coding and e-prescribing integration. Collect and analyze metrics related to employee and business performance. Develop and present annual Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement analysis to corporate level executives. Develop versatility in approaching unpredictable situations and adapt accordingly to complete tasks in an efficient manner.
Excellent Customer Service
Employ customer service and listening skills when assisting veterinary staff and pet owners via telephone and e-mail in order to achieve highest customer satisfaction possible. Have acquired knowledge on how to professionally, calmly, and respectfully express empathy towards upset clients.