- Managing and Supervising People - University of Texas at Austin Continuing Education
- Building Personal Leadership Skills - University of Texas at Austin Continuing Education
- Counseling and Coaching for Improved Performance - University of Texas at Austin Continuing Education
- Getting Started with the Output Delivery System - SAS Institute
- Advanced Output Delivery System Topics - SAS Institute
- SAS Macro Programming: Advanced Topics - SAS Institute
- SQL Processing with the SAS System - SAS Institute
- SAS Report Writing: A Programming Approach - SAS Institute
- SAS Web Tools: Static and Dynamic Solutions Using SAS/IntrNet Software - SAS Institute
- SAS Web Tools: Advanced Dynamic Solutions Using SAS/IntrNet Software - SAS Institute
- Proposal Writing: The comprehensive course - The Foundation Center
Social science researcher and statistician with 13 years of experience in educational and clinical research, SAS programming, data management, quantitative data analysis, and reporting. In addition, I have extensive technical writing, public speaking, leadership, and group and project management experience.
Jun 2004 - Present
Texas Education Agency
Develop, plan, and direct projects and daily activities of a research team that manages and analyzes standardized test results data and produces technical reports discussing analytic summarizations. Some accomplishments and responsibilities:
Lead a group of researchers responsible for obtaining, managing, analyzing, and reporting annual results of college preparation and readiness examinations for all students in Texas public schools.
- Reorganized project workflows to reduce the amount of time required to generate annually produced technical reports by several months while increasing the amount of material covered in the reports.
Improved data management and analysis efficiency of legacy SAS programs used to manage and analyze SAT, ACT, Advanced Placement, and International Baccalaureate examination results data by more than 60%.
Improved accuracy of data management processes and directed the development a project documentation system.
Adding projects such as management of EXPLORE, PLAN, ReadiStep, and PSAT results data and development and analysis of a post-conference survey for the Texas Assessment Conference, more than doubled the Testing and Measurement Unit’s levels of responsibility and productivity without increasing staff levels.
Created a positive, team-oriented environment wherein members are able to collaboratively develop their individual talents while ensuring success for the whole team.
Participated on an agency-wide committee to improve the TEA’s process for meeting public information requests.
- Coordinate and validate development of ad hoc reports.
- Hire and train new staff.
While working with the Texas Education Agency, I wrote policy to establish a Worksite Wellness Program, obtained senior staff approval, and led a group of volunteers to successfully implement the initiative. In 2010, the program was selected by the Statewide Wellness Coordinator as the model for all state agencies.
Manager II, February, 2005 - February, 2006
Research Specialist, June, 2004 - February, 2005
Sep 2001 - Jun 2004
Served as lead project statistician creating statistical analysis plans and procedures to guide the conduct of analyses of results of clinical trials and the production of technical reports. Some accomplishments and responsibilities:
- Coordinated multiple tasks and project teams for up to five simultaneous clinical research studies for industry-leading pharmaceutical companies.
Wrote complex technical documents that served as experimental design blueprints for drug tests and ensured unbiased evaluation of the data.
Independently and collaboratively created SAS programs to complete statistical analyses.
Conducted quality control reviews of programs and analytic results for clinical SAS programmers.
- Built and managed positive client relationships through direct interaction.
Selected as a subject matter expert in Austin on SAS for Windows.
Dec 2000 - Aug 2001
Senior Research Assistant
University of Arkansas
Organized and led the work of graduate research assistants and created a standardized test database for the Arkansas Department of Education. Some accomplishments and responsibilities:
- Managed staff of up to 16 graduate students.
- Created and managed a large standardized test database for the Arkansas Department of Education.
Led the production of a web-based educational data distribution system.
Trained master’s and Ph.D level graduate students to utilize SASsoftware to conduct data management, analysis, and reporting procedures.
- Conducted analyses of data relative to educational systems for various entities such as the Arkansas Department of Education.
Published and/or presented at national conferences educational research results.