Lead, guide, and direct five managers who are responsible for all aspects of the following departments within Facilities Management: Human Resources, Training, Customer Service/Business Center, Budgets, Purchasing Cards, Financial Reconciliation, Information Technology, Work Order Management System (CMMS), Warehouse, Electronic Access, and Keys & Locks.
- Human Resources: Guides and facilitates human resources functions, such as hiring, staffing levels, job descriptions, disciplinary action, coaching, performance reviews, etc
- Training: Promotes and facilitates general training for all FM employees, such as management training, computer use training, etc.
- Customer Service/Business Center: Ensures that the Business Center is staffed during operating hours to respond to calls for service, to greet and assist walk-in customers, to issue keys, and any other customer-service related duties.
- Budgets: Develops annual budgets and provides regular reviews of all FM budgetary accounts to ensure accuracy of accounting and expenditure trends. Ensures that expenses are tracked to the appropriate accounts. Fulfills the financial role of the Emergency Operations Committee (EOC), when activated.
- Purchasing Cards: Ensures that monthly purchasing card expenses are reconciled and reallocated appropriately and in compliance with state procurement codes.
- Financial Reconciliation: Ensures that the entire facilities department is compliant with monthly reconciliation procedures, including that appropriate documentation is kept for all purchases. Reallocates expenses as deemed necessary.
- Information Technology: Responsible for all information technology resources within the FM Department, including radios, telephones, and computer systems.
- Work Order Management System (CMMS): Directs the usage of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for the FM Department; oversees the data quality of work order records collected within that system and ensures analysis is performed, data is validated, and users are trained.
- Warehouse: Ensures warehouse operations are performed correctly, that costs are accurately accounted for, and materials are received, stored, maintained and issued according to policy and best management practices.
- Keys, Locks, and Electronic Access: Oversees and guides facility security and access policies, procedures and standards for steel keys and for electronic access controls.
Trains, organizes, equips, manages, directs and controls the facilities Business Services work force. Develops work priorities for the facilities Business Services work force. Assures quality control of work performed, and provides coaching and guidance to improve work force quality, productivity, and performance. Develops departmental policies and procedures. Oversees communication and marketing efforts for the department. Tracks and reports progress of efficiency and key performance indicators and initiatives; benchmarks with other similar groups. Makes recommendations for improving productivity through informed management practices and improved resource utilization; inspects work and job progress to ensure conformance to established standards. Serves as a member of the department Emergency Operations Committee (EOC).