HAproxy, Apache, nginx, httpd, vsftpd, sshd, BASH scripting
IT Governance - DevOps - Systems Admin
- Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area, US
- [email protected]
A proven leader, engineer, and implementer with decades of experience in Technology Management, Support, Engineering, Deployment across multiple verticals and systems. Looking to do the same for your company.
I am a very early hire for an Agile startup developing a Healthcare Fraud Detection and Prevention SaaS - PaaS. We operate a hybrid backend, both cloud and bare metal.
Consultant to Salary hire; some of my many responsibilities include:
• Engineer and Manage a variety of servers for Dev, Production, Colocation, and In-House efforts: Windows Server, VirtualBox VM's. Ubuntu / RHEL Linux boxes for dev and colocation, Microsoft Azure G and AWS for cloud efforts.
• HIPAA / InfoSec Compliance Officer: I create and implement our technical HIPAA and InfoSec policies.
• DevOps Engineer. We utilize a Docker - node.js - Redis - MongoDB (MEAN+) stack, and I am responsible for creating and utilizing a responsive, self-healing monitoring system. Our automation and monitoring stack consists of GitLab, GitLab CI / CD, ElasticSearch, Logstash, Grafana, Puppet, cloud hooks, custom scripting.
• Engineer and optimize all hardware in our bare metal colo / dev environments. • Contract / Change Management - Responsible for vendor contract management and Infrastructure change management
• Single point of contact for IT support needs; Windows 7 / 8 clients, Mac OSX clients, Printers / Faxes, etc.
• Engineer and administer Asterisk VoIP Phone System
• Engineer and manage all production networks utilizing Cisco and Mikrotik routers / firewalls
Engineered and Manage an Asterisk Based, public facing, VoIP Service Provider Network. Happily serving hundreds of lines across many sites in South Florida, and managing hundreds of handsets (Linksys - Cisco - Grandstream mainly) to achieve ours and client's business goals.
I founded and ran a multi-vertical, full cycle technology consultancy group for nearly 18 years, focused on healthcare, construction, hospitality, and law sectors. I had the chance everyday to stretch my tech chops and engineer unique technology solutions and consistently pivot. Windows PC's and servers, Linux servers, Mac OSX, Networks, Structured Wiring, Phone Systems, Application Development, etc. At nuLogix, we specialized in a few technologies, surrounding those tried to excel at everything. As many in business know, this is a double-edged sword. Lots of lessons here.
A selection of the following projects / clients highlight the varied experience I was able to glean from running such an operation:
• U.S. Security: An armed guard service with regional offices in Dade, Broward, Orlando, and Puerto Rico. We managed all servers, client PC’s, and networks across entire Enterprise. Additionally responsible for in-house development of proprietary CRM / Time and Attendance / Realtime Reporting Systems. A client for 17 years.
• Empire Title / Law Office of Richard Breger: Engineer and Manage all servers (Windows and Linux) and client PC’s. Wired numerous home / satellite offices. Engineer and manage in-house Asterisk VoIP system. A client for 17 years.
• Opium Group: A group of 3 South Beach nightclubs (Mansion, Opium, Prive). We engineered and managed 3 disparate Aloha POS systems consisting of 50 registers across 3 nightclubs, eventually migrating them into one centrally managed system. We re-implemented all structured low voltage data lines (Cat5e), and managed various systems, network, CCTV, phone systems during our three year engagement.
• Lennar Homes 360 Condos, North Bay Village, FL: Wired all low voltage in a 2 tower condo development. Responsible for all phone / data / alarm wiring in 414 “smart” condo units. Additionally responsible for interconnection of said units and wiring common areas. $340,000 contract.
I engineered and managed all technology for a network of SNF's (Skilled Nursing Facilities / Nursing Homes). The network consisted of 980 beds across 8 nursing homes.
Consultant to Salary hire. Responsibilities and accomplishments:
• Began engagement by migrating all tech. assets (servers / networks / PC's) from a Managed Service Provider to a hybrid in-house and colocated enterprise system.
• Fully Developed and Self-Managed a number of HIPAA compliant Production servers and networks both in-house and colocated running Windows Server. Engineered and Administered VMWare / MS Exchange / MS SQL / MS Active Directory implementations.
• Engineered and Managed all production assets at 8 skilled nursing facilities. Approx. 150 client PC’s running a self engineered, custom build of Windows 7.
• Single point of contact for all IT (and beyond) support needs; Managed all servers, PC's, LAN / WAN, low voltage network wiring, CCTV security cameras, phone systems, and nurse call systems across entire enterprise. • Contract / Change Management - Responsible for vendor contract management and Infrastructure change management
• Supported key business applications KeaneCare EMR / EHR / AP / GL packages, Kronos WFC v4.5, WinASAP, VisionShare
• Managed installation of Windows NT Servers, Banyan Vines (antiquated enterprise email server), Windows Terminal Server, Citrix Remote Desktop
• Managed over 250 client PC’s and respective networks across 17 jobsites running Windows NT 3.51 / 4. Additionally managed Main Office LAN / WAN / jobsite LAN's / VPN solution. Networks utilized Nortel Networks routing and switching equipment.
• Led Y2k assurance program including a full migration from Banyan Vines and Windows NT to in-house Microsoft Exchange and Windows Server / Active Directory servers and Windows 2000 Pro clients.
• Coordinated efforts with 41 other regional Business Units and corporate office in Dallas, TX
Top 10% of graduating CS class.
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society