Director, Healthcare Recruitment and Marketing Office
Veterans Health Adminstration-Workforce Management and Consulting
Nurse Executive-VN-610-V Director, Healthcare Recruitment and Marketing Office-Supervisory Role New Orleans, LA
The Healthcare Recruitment and Marketing Office (HRMO) office enables VHA to brand and recruit a diverse and engaged clinical workforce. We utilize data and succession planning as an avenue to drive benchmark strength of available talent and link business strategies to promote a diverse workforce. HRMO connects state of art marketing and advertisements strategies with on the ground expertise to attract a qualified recruitment pool. 20 million dollars budgetary responsibility.
Highlights of Contributions:
- Developed and implemented public affairs partnerships campaign to pilot through the Veterans Health Administration. The partnerships increased the reach of recruitment marketing activities developed at the national level for use at VISN and VA Medical Center levels. Increased the number of references local Public Affairs Officers to job and hiring opportunities that drive candidates to the VACareers.va.gov job board
- Develop targeted recruitment campaigns for specific high priority hiring needs. Produce relevant metrics for each campaign to document the effectiveness of each in terms of generating candidate leads for critical hiring goals. Campaigns will be related to reaching agency diversity goals, Peer-2-Peer Counselors, Mental Health as well as for other emerging needs.
- Develop and implement training development programs identify to ensure the workforce is competent in recruitment strategies, abreast of the various policies and laws which govern Diversity, EEOC compliance, hiring practices and other relevant policies and guidelines. Comprehensive training is designed for field-based HR Recruiters, Staffing Specialists and Nurse Recruiters.
- Evaluate and report on overall candidate sourcing data to identify best practices in candidate sourcing strategies. Publicize best practices to the larger HR community. Use the data to modify internal practices, financial investments in recruitment tools, or advertising strategies.
- Implement strategies to reduce organizational, policy and practice barriers. Ensure clinical recruitment practices are aligned with the values and mission of the organization. Develop plans to mitigate barriers which obstruct timely efficient physician recruitment, selection and onboarding. .
- Utilize strategic marketing to recruit the best and brightest to care for the Veterans.
- Three (3) 2015 Ragan’s Health Care & PR Marketing Honorable Mention Awards for Best Use of Video (Commercial), Best Use of Video (Public Service Announcement, and Best Social Media Campaign.
- 3rd Place -2014 Most Innovative Recruitment Program category at the Human Capital Management Government annual awards.
- 2014 ERE Recruiting Excellence Awards. ERE selected Veterans Health Administration’s National Recruiter Program as one of two finalists in the Recruiting Department of the Year category (larger companies)