Owner / General Manager
Ormond Lakes Auto/ Tampa Auto Service
Owned a multi-bay general auto repair business for 6 years. average gross sales 240k/yr.
Tampa Auto Service
- Purchased the assets of an existing business with gross sales of less than 100k/ yr. Developed into a fully staffed 6 bay facility offering repair on all makes and models. In the first quarter of management, sales doubled and every metric improved, notably:
Gross profit percentages
- Tampa Auto Service was based on commercial customers on account and had an average of approx. 20k in receivables per month.
- Success was based on the application of simple reliable processes, professionalism and technical competence. Challenges met included staff development and business development through successful marketing.
Ormond Lakes Auto
- In 2011 I sold the goodwill assets for TAS and moved to Ormond Beach, FL to open Ormond Lakes Auto. This shop was based on a different strategy and focused on consumers that paid at delivery, with receivables and commercial accounts at no more than 10-15% of total sales.
- OLA was developed primarily through direct mail , social media, and community involvement. I developed OLA from zero to an average of $20k in monthly sales , with a vital professional staff, and a loyal following of customers.
- OLA was built on the practice of paying strict attention to process and metrics.