Disaster Management Office, Office of the Lord Mayor and Chief Executive Officer, Brisbane City Council
- Provide strategic guidance and decision making for the Disaster Management Office, Brisbane City Council, which is the largest local government in Australia.
- Oversee the delivery and accurate reporting of the Disaster Management Office's budgeted program of work totaling $4.1M.
- Ensure the Disaster Management Office remains compliant with any applicable organisational, national and international standards and legislation.
- Officially fill the role of Manager, Disaster Management Office when required.
- Ensure a measured and timely response to all actual or perceived threats to the local government area.Review and update the Local Disaster Management Plan.
- Contribute to the business planning process and reporting process relating to all aspects of disaster management for Brisbane City Council
- Mentor for the Executive Management Team regarding their role as an Incident Controller in the Local Disaster Coordination Center.
- Build and maintain a collaborative liaison between the Disaster Management Office and internal and external stakeholders, service providers and sector partners.
- Provide leadership in workforce capability development to facilitate high level innovation and service delivery in disaster response and recovery.
- Provide and deliver briefings to the Lord Mayor, CEO, Chief of Staff and Councilors.
- Performance leadership and performance management of Disaster Management Office staff.