- Installation of open source operating systems and knowledge of Linux commands and shell scripting like bash, etc
- Understanding of Apache web server, Mail Servers, NFS, NIS, FTP, SSH, DNS and DHCP.
- Experience performing administrative tasks such as backing up data using Windows Server 2003 and use of ftp client to provide data access to the users, and assigning rights/permissions
- Knowledge using Routed Protocols: TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, and AppleTalk; and routing Protocols: RIP, IGRP, EIGRP and OSPF .
- Knowledge of Virtualization softwares such as VMware workstation, VMware ESX, Virtualpc and Virtual box.
- Experience in installing and configuring MYSQL and knowledge of PHP, PERL
- Experience with programming routers and switches, and performing troubleshooting tasks for connectivity, speed, and packet loss issues as a part of curriculum during Master’s in Telecommunications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft windows operating systems like windows xp, Windows server 2003 and 2008 and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Fairfax US-VA