Analyst II– Incident & Problem Management and L2 Support
Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Singapore
- Monitoring the Global Incidents queue, follow up on all unassigned, about to breach and medium & high impact incidents with the respective resolution groups and have them attended immediately.
- Managing, driving Critical and High Impact Incidents from opening to closure within SLA targets by following the appropriate Incident handling procedures. Assessment of incident priority base on potential risk / business impact and urgency.
- End to end ownership of incidents with potential or actual business impact. Driving restoration of impacted service while meeting the required service levels.
- Analysis of major incident data to produce recommendations for service improvement and handling/inputting to continuous improvement as required.
- Providing updates to a variety of audiences including senior and exec management level for significant/highly impactful outages. Working in partnership with the Enterprise wide Triage and Incident Management team and provide data for the team to produce comprehensive communications.
- Providing end to end processes of root cause analysis with cross technology teams and external vendors, including ensuring production of relevant Break Fix / Emergency or Planned Changes to Change Management as required.
- Follow up on the implementation of agreed process and changes to anticipate and ideally avoid future major incidents reoccurring.
- Performing schedule change and emergency request as per the BP requirements. Participating in change with affected domains teams, Application team and proactive change management, Incident management and Manager on duty.
- Chairing daily SOT Production conference call for cheque and vault processing batch jobs, managing significant incidents and coordinating with different support team related to deposits in and out files processing issues and sending communications to wider audiences.
- Daily monitoring of batch jobs through SAR in mainframe, real time monitoring of FTP transmission of vendor’s (Garda, Brinks, Dunbar) deposits in XML files in BAClear application and verification of transactional $ value from VSS application, verifying database archiving of files through shutdowns jobs in TOAD. Follow up with business partners, vault support and internal Relationship Management team regarding file processing errors and file transfer issues.
- Identify and drive continual enhancement process across shared operating environments and platforms via Splunk – server health alarms, Introscope – JVMs, Foglights – Databases, Sitescopes – web servers monitoring tools or other programmatic means.
- Create weekly and monthly SLA metrics reports for senior IT Management and produce reports on transactional volumes, outstanding transactions, defects and other metrics on an ongoing basis. Provide Management Report on Metrics/KPI/Effort Analysis.
- Leading projects and initiatives within the team to implement new strategies; manage events (infrastructure change, SOT BBR applications releases, business continuity tests, UAT etc.) and on-board support for new applications.
- Provide leadership and prioritization for projects and day to day activities for a small team, proactively addressing transactional issues within the production environment across all platforms.
- SME for Image & Transactions Services IT infrastructure and Applications – Systar Business Bridge Dashboards for end to end solutions for image processing and cash vaults systems. Functional and Technical assistance to shared operating technology infrastructure across a wide range of consumer banking and financial products, including cash handling and cheque processing, also Enterprise IT infrastructure such as Enterprise applications, ATM machines, Voice Telephony.
- Reviews and sponsors Urgent changes required to resolve an incident or to meet target deadlines.
- Assisting in the preparation, facilitation, documentation, and communication related to weekly and ad-hoc change management meetings.
- Develop, Document and publish change management process and functions
- Analyse change records to determine any trends or potential problems.
- Reviewing change requests for completeness and accuracy
- Working with service providers to schedule changes
- Responsible for problem identification via various methods like Incident trend analysis, review of Critical and High Impact incidents.
- Liaise with all problem resolution groups via RCA calls and standard communication methods to ensure swift resolution of problems within SLA targets
- Participating and Assisting in Problem Review Meetings periodically to discuss on aged problems, closed problems (for closure effectiveness) and known errors.
- Investigation and follow-up for permanent fix of the problem.
- Follow-up on tickets being raised regularly for re-occurring incidents