- Spending time with my Family
I retired from a career in retail planning eight years ago to stay at home and raise my children, while this has been a wonderful career in its own right I am ready to get back to work!
I am looking for an opportunity to restart my career while still being able to focus as much attention on my young family as possible.
Oct 2003 - Present
- Provide excellent customer service - 6 time "Catch the Spirit" winner
- Teach Pottery Barn Kids Design Classes
- Nursery Design
- Shared Spaces
- Design on a Budget
- Execute merchandising plans
- Train new associates
- Inventory control and management
- Facilitate online and catalog purchases
2003 - Present
Chesapeake Trading Co.
Seasonal employee including Christmas events and Boat Show weekends.
Aug 2008 - May 2009
Content Review and Customer Support
Review member-generated content. Identify technical issues and inappropriate content. Escalate issues and concerns to customer support manager.
1999 - Apr 2001
Assistant Buyer for Accessory and Jewelry Department
- Purchase accessories and jewelry for 60 - 80 stores nationwide
- Negotiate with vendors
- Generate purchase orders
- Maintain strong vendor relationships
- Allocate merchandise for all departments of the company
- Participate in new store planning, setting optimal stock levels
- Maximize sales-to-inventory rations across all stores using weekly reports that I generated for all stores and departments.